JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » The Bachelorhood was still in intact..... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Bachelorhood was still in intact.....
JSMOFFITT03
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 32673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSMOFFITT03   Email JSMOFFITT03   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper]

Great Story, Cant wait to make it to GA only a few more weeks....

Posts: 268 | From: FLORIDA, USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Tarz!! You do pen a good yarn. Felt like I was right there!

While the buck is a "keeper" for its unique character, the real "trophy" may just be having reached that mature hunter point where you can step outa your hustle-bustle life so quickly and slip into "ultimate predator" mode!

Being able to "slow down" and become one with your instincts, recognizing those gut feelings and then having the maturity to heed them...

...dang, Hoss, that is the real trophy in this hunt IMHO. Excellent!

I remember walking into strange country as a much younger man and having that "sense" take over...now I fear I have "learned" enough that I try to "assess" versus "sense."

I'm a poorer man for it. My best congrats on going with your gut and having such a magnificant experience! [thumbsup]

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13285 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[campfire] [thumbsup]

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 6042 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesh76
Contributor 2015
Member # 12931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamesh76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _ _ _ _ _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Posts: 1507 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story tell'n Mr Green .... makes me want to go get on some camo and sneek around the woods for a few days. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4664 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rushlush
Contributor 2017
Member # 17859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushlush   Email rushlush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and pics!
Posts: 1663 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Stuff! Good story telling and pics. I have to say the most impressive part for me was you were on the ground. Taking a mature white tail from the ground doe or buck is quite a task. Congrats again! Keep the good stories coming. Terry I have to ask? What is that animal in your avatar? I have squinted and stared and just can't tell?

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
David....that's an Angora Goat I got on one of the TX Sweat hunts...the 2008 Hunt I believe.

-

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30579 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick response. That is quite impressive too!

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
Contributor 2016
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great buck! Great story telling!
Posts: 3119 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GO Rogers
Contributor 2011
Member # 25710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GO Rogers   Email GO Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[campfire] [coffee] [clapper]

--------------------
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Posts: 507 | From: Fountain Inn, South Carolina | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huskyarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huskyarcher   Email huskyarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heck of a story man! Pumps me up! Your an inspiration to us all for sure!

--------------------
------------
Dalton Lewis
PBS Associate Member
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Posts: 1422 | From: Ashe County, North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great writing, great buck Terry. Taking any mature whitetail from the ground is such a tough task. Being 'called' to a spot is such a real deal for me too. 3 three biggest whitetails I have ever killed came after I was headed to one stand, then my gut brought me to another. Good stuff there and thanks for a much needed hunting story boss [campfire]

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3129 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm headed out for a bit...wont have access to the internet for a while, but wanted to add this...

I think those that have been lead by there gut know what I am about to say.

Heed it......its the pinnacle of confidence in hunting.

I found the same thing in bass fishing long ago...don't ask me, don't want to go down that road as its 'off topic'.....but trust me.

Back in my early years, I knew were I was going come hell or high water...and I was successful.

Nothing wrong with that....but don't doubt your gut. Hear me now...and learn early...when it calls, don't walk...but RUN. Yes, that can be taken literally as it was in this case.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30579 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kapellmeister
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kapellmeister   Email Kapellmeister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[campfire]
Thanks for sharing the story, Terry! Good hunt & a good buck! Now I'm even more geared up for the fall! [archer] I'd much rather be out in the woods than here in the cubicle... but for now, I guess I've got to get back to work... <sigh>

--------------------
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Posts: 467 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©