JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » "Quivering" with anticipation!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: "Quivering" with anticipation!!!!
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay guys lets see em.

Vintage Bow quivers, back quivers, side quivers etc etc.

I know there are some neat ones out there because they pop up in threads from time to time. Lets get them in one place to showcase them.

I'll start with a few that are in my small collection.

-

-

-

I'll dig up a few more pics but this should get us started.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4372 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PAPALAPIN
Contributor 2016
Member # 1384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PAPALAPIN   Author's Homepage   Email PAPALAPIN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only thing I have worth posting is an origina St. Charles Back quiver...However, I am technologically challeaned and have a crappy digital camera...so y'all will have to use your imigination.

--------------------
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow. If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead. The rest is just the delivery system.

Posts: 4221 | From: WHITE, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you are digging Trap I got this one out
 -
This quiver took over 4 years to complete, and it wasn't till Trap spotted the pouch on **** that my quiver was complete. I am darned glad I didn't have to buy it incomplete from AIGPLAST.............wait a minute! AIG? [scared]
I have heard those three letters before!! Wow! Nah-couldn't be!!

Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl E. Nov...mber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Earl E. Nov...mber   Email Earl E. Nov...mber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Jack, I am technically challenged, or just plain tired of registering on any darn sights any more, but I do have a couple keepers, a Western and a 1960 North Woods..
If someone wants to post them I'll send pic's tomorrow.. (Need to take a picture or two of the North Woods, but Daryl, in the mean time get rid of that broom handle, and get a proper file

Posts: 1964 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll post the pics if you can send them to me Ken.

As for the file, hey gotta start somewhere. Eventually the proper one will come along but for now it is what it is.

Bjorn, that quiver is the epitome of traditional archery IMO. Developed by Glenn St. Charles and sold by Bear Archery. Does it get any better than that? Thanks for sharing it with us.

keep em coming guys, I know there's some green 8 arrows on some SKs out there somewhere.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4372 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I better get this one up before someone else shows a better one LOL!
 -

That's mounted to a very pretty old Grizzly with a nice Maple tip overlay.
 -

Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaskabowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 7576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaskabowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email alaskabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

--------------------
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Posts: 791 | From: minnesota | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

[clapper] [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------

d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few on my favs.One of my prizes is the middle quiver with no slot for the Bear Archery bleeder blade nore does it have silk screens also black-ish rather then brown..Value is probley not that much but a cool peace of archery history.bowdoc  -
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the early no bleeder blade type Bear screw on quiver.But the best sofare for me to look at is for sure Bjorn's St with the possibles pouch.Thats the coolest of them all.I just love those quivers...bowdoc....  -
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

Where would you date that 4 Arrow Doc?

A prototype prior to the bubblehead with bleeders, from 53-54 maybe?

That's cool.

Trap

--------------------

TRAP
Member # 12775

Here's a Tape On I played around with a bit. I call it the "Great Northern Bear"

Straps are GN and it incorporates the GN rubber tubes to make it adjustable. The slightly longer quiver keeps the arrows from flopping around so much and quiets things down quite a bit.

-

-

Trap

--------------------

Earl E. Nov...mber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Earl E. Nov...mber   Email Earl E. Nov...mber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing Bjorn's cool scabbard brings back bad memories of a poor decision..
Posts: 1964 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Yes Trap about 52-54 ish...Earlie....I know what you mean....bowdoc
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody think a piece of bicycle innertube would work as a bow finish protector for those spring arm quivers? And does anybody have any long spring arms? I got 2 of these that are okay for super mags, but need longer arms for a superK.

My wife will kill me if I start collecting the real nice ones you guys have!

Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©