JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » "Quivering" with anticipation!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: "Quivering" with anticipation!!!!
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a pic of Ken's quivers, Thanks Ken and please elaborate on them

-

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4299 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Northwoods is definately one of my favorites. A St. Charles X Nimrod hybrid kinda.

Awesome stuff. Nice file BTW [Wink]

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4299 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl E. Nov...mber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Earl E. Nov...mber   Email Earl E. Nov...mber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darly,
Thanks for posting the picture.
I believe the Northwoods was only offered in one year, 1960, as Doc said it's a bit of a hybrid. This one is very clean, but the previous owner, modified the straps, so they had to be redone.
The Western is I believe about 1956, with the file and knife scabbards, and pencil slot.. Not all Westerns had them. Both are probably 8+ on a 1-10.

Posts: 1964 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah that little gem of the 1960 StCharles,Nimrod,Northwoods cobo.Now thats a cool quiver...But the real highly collecter model is the black and white unborn calf skin for 1959 I beleave it was......Now I would love to see a pic of one of them too...great thread dudes great thread.....bowdoc
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it seems all us real guys have Nimrods-right?
 -
Mine's complete with Glenn's signature, top hat, knife, and of course who could forget the 'broom-handle' file!
Trap looks like our file handles are 'cut from the same broom'?

Posts: 9987 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

That's a beauty Bjorn, I definately need to make a storm cap for mine. It really 'tops' it off.

Keep em Coming fellas, Trap

--------------------

Earl E. Nov...mber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Earl E. Nov...mber   Email Earl E. Nov...mber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grains definitely different.. Still not right :^)
Posts: 1964 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl E. Nov...mber
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 690

Well we let this one slip by. I've seen rougher sell for more. 250307993156
alaskabowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 7576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaskabowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email alaskabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some vintage Bear back quivers....

-

--------------------
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Posts: 785 | From: minnesota | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaskabowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 7576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaskabowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email alaskabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1960 display box with Bear tape on quiver...

-

--------------------
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Posts: 785 | From: minnesota | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

Very Nice Chuck [thumbsup]

Trap

--------------------

450 marlin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 450 marlin   Email 450 marlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my hunting set-up for 2009 (A refinished 64 Kodiak may have its turn)A 1965 Kodiak 60" 50# , a Bear, Indian in the Canoe back quiver with the top of an old bow quiver added the keep the Easton Legacy arrows from bumping around.
 -
IMG]http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/0710point/1224527754-1.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 1239 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJB   Email MJB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OUTSTANDING QUIVERS GUYS [thumbsup]

--------------------
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Posts: 2199 | From: Schuylkill Co PA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackhawk   Email Blackhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TonyW,

I sent you a PM about the spring arms you wanted.

--------------------
Lon Scott

Posts: 5689 | From: Auburn, Washington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lon - just read it
Posts: 1229 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©