JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » "Quivering" with anticipation!!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: "Quivering" with anticipation!!!!
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice quivers Chuck!
Here's anther Western
 -
Gonna see if I got some more and I'll post them tomorrow.

Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Shaw
Contributor 2014
Member # 15829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Quivers guys..Love em. Just picked up this tooled Ben Pearson center back quiver this week. It is in remarkable condition and well preserved for it's age.

--------------------
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 776 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Shaw
Contributor 2014
Member # 15829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 776 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it looks brand new! [Cool]
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn it,I almost forgot about this somewhat dis-funkie-tional family memeber of ours.I think this one was around 1960.Looks like a nice little hunting quiver ahh ? Nope..wait until you bent over in some brush and the arrows would stick straight up rather then to lay backwards.The brush would kind of sneak an arrow or two out on you from time to time.Next thing you knew your quiver was empty.This one lasted around one year I believe....bowdoc  -
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and then...bd  -
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountain_Man
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountain_Man   Email Mountain_Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very nice quivers fellers!!! [clapper]
no better time than now while the topic is active, for a newbie to learn a thing or three... [thumbsup]

can the spring arm quivers be converted for either left or right handed bows?

can the tape on's be "taped" onto the reverse side of bow for lefties without problem?

what are the best quivers for 70's grizzly's and 52" kodiak mags?

i may just use the ole quick-e or back quiver... really like some of the back quivers... but, a little useful info never hurts. [Wink]

--------------------
A wise man will ask for advice. The wisest of men are selective in whom they ask.

Posts: 144 | From: The Mountain State, WV | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaskabowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 7576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaskabowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email alaskabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the left and rights are interchangable, you could try reversing the bends in a right handed spring arm, or watch e8bay and wait for a lefty to come around. Same for the tape on quiver, you could put it on upside down I guess, but they made left handed models of them as well. good luck.

--------------------
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Posts: 791 | From: minnesota | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great thread, thought I would bring it back up. Being left handed how do I tell RH from LH???

Brent

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stopped at my house for lunch and Checked the PC.

Got these quiver pictures from Kurt. Cool Stuff. Please elaborate Kurt. Thanks for sharing.

-

-

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4368 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a neet one Trap, I do remember vaguely Taylor made products. Don't remember that quiver though.

Maybe in a month or so I'll be back through there [Big Grin]

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

I do kind of recall that type quiver but could not remember the name until now.Thank you double D for the pics.That quiver was like the Wiffens.They had wing nuts to tighten the bracket.The more you shot the loser the quiver got.Guy's would crank the nuts done with pliers and crush their limbs.Them were great quivers.Then along came Quickie Quivers.....drill it or crush it you decide...bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Here's another odd duck the Tracy Stalker,Stalker Quiver.It mounted so your fletchings were pointing downward just like any other bow quiver did.The problemo was old Tracy had a block of wood in the bottom of the quiver of which you pushed your arrows into the piece of wood.The Stalker had no arrow grippers.Soon as you shot a couple arrows the others would work loss and start falling out.Pretty cool...bowdoc  -
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

view 2..bd  -
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

and 3.bd  -
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©