JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » "Quivering" with anticipation!!!! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: "Quivering" with anticipation!!!!
Flyrite
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flyrite   Email Flyrite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a picture of a very early Western quiver just as I bought it. It is in good condition and has 1948-53 Michigan Bowhunter pins, Two Ford Archers patches(Ford Motor Company), and a felt NFAA patch.
 -

--------------------
…finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly so much fun. (John Voelker)

Posts: 50 | From: Clarkston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Nimrod there also Mark. Hey that NFAA patch wouldnt happen to have a date on it would it?

Neat quivers, Thanks for sharing.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4367 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flyrite
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flyrite   Email Flyrite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No date on the NFAA patch. Regards

--------------------
…finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly so much fun. (John Voelker)

Posts: 50 | From: Clarkston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the pics. those Ford Motor Co. patches are cool.
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here's a few on mine. First a Kwikee exposed broad head type with latches
 -

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a Ben Pearson that came with the recent Super K. It has a slide ratchet system that only goes one direction to tighten unless you flip the wire bail off.

-

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

One of my favorites, no makers mark on it but it is highest quality leather with all brass hardware. Its a center of the back model.

-

The fletch protector snaps off

-

Nice heavy wool rim

-

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

but the very coolest feature is hidden on the bottom back side behind a zipper...

-

a half dozen individual bh protector pockets

-

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

TRAP
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like someone took the Nimrod idea and did a little cutomizing or maybe this quiver is where Fred got the idea to make the Nimrod.

Looks like a very high quality back quiver.

Thanks Shaun,

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4367 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding thats about the coolest northwoods nimrod combo I ever seen.A good leather maker made that one right down to the broadhead protecter found in the nimrod's...real cool quiver Shawn....bowdoc
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Here is a couple of Nimrod quivers. This is the only black and white one I have ever seen. It came in the original box, which is also in the picture.

Posts: 1318 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Here is a couple of St. Charles quivers an elk hide and a suede quiver both with accessory pouch.

Posts: 1318 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

-

Here is a couple versions of a Californian quiver. One in brown and one in black.

TRAP
Member # 12775

Outstanding!!!!! [clapper]

Trap

--------------------

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

I've got some more cool quivers to post but my daughter(the computer genius)had to help me post them and she had to leave so I'll post more later.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©