Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear Kodiak Specials 1955-1967 Identification Guide (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Bear Kodiak Specials 1955-1967 Identification Guide
papabear08
Contributor 2015
Member # 36099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for papabear08   Email papabear08   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might have been ordered that way for hunting. I know of a K mag ordered with white glass for snow hunting conditions. ????????
Posts: 221 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarkG
Member # 42456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarkG   Email MarkG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betcha Fred gave artistic license to the the boys building the bows...creating a precursor to what will be in 1960.
Who knows what it was, all the flys on the wall that witnessed these things have all up and died of old age.

--------------------
Tight Lines And Straight Shootin'.

Posts: 33 | From: Wash. | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MarkG,

Cool looking brown glass 59 Kodiak Special. Have seen several odd duck 59 and 60 Bear bows, reversed colored glass and both sides the same color white. Both sides same color brown, really makes a different looking bow. Thanks so much for sharing photographs of your unique bow.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

Posts: 2081 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyball
Contributor 2015
Member # 14822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyball   Email monkeyball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would this be a '64?

-

Good Shooting,
Craig

Posts: 4839 | From: northumberland penna | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craig -

Yes, a 1964 for sure with the glass full length on the back of the riser. The 1963 did not have glass the full length on the back of the riser.

--------------------

Posts: 2081 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

MarkG -

Forgot until just now while looking the images of your 1959 Kodiak Special with brown glass on the back & belly...

I have a very early 1957 Kodiak Special with brown glass on both the back & belly.

This differs from the 1956 that had brown glass on the belly and gray glass on the back, it also differs greatly from the 1957 that had tan glass on both the back & belly.

--------------------

4runr
Contributor 2016
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7968 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnurk
2017 Contributor
Member # 41964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnurk   Email dnurk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tagging this thread for future reference.

Thanks to all for the knowledge shared here.

Posts: 234 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackhawk
Contributor 2016
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackhawk   Email Blackhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt again

--------------------
Lon Scott

Posts: 5688 | From: Auburn, Washington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damascusdave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damascusdave   Email damascusdave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some great deals on Kodiak Specials out there right now...lets run this one back to the top

DDave

--------------------
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...right now I am down to about 47 by my count...someone help me please

Posts: 3493 | From: Mirror, Alberta, Canada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1962 Kodiaks, Kodiak Magnums and Kodiak Specials, in particular, have come out of hiding.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 834 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warpedarrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warpedarrow   Email warpedarrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That really dirty looking 62 Kodiak Special that just listed on the big site has my name written all over it. Problem is, I already have a beautiful 62 KS and several bows waiting in line for a makeover. I have let my train get off track and I purchased that 63 Grizzly with the tiny repaired spot on the limb and also a 1970 Tamerlane. Unless I get back on track it is going to take a long time to finish my KS collection which only lacks four bows.

--------------------
Brad Lehmann

Posts: 434 | From: Coke County Texas | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2ndTimeShooter
Contributor 2017
Member # 44839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ndTimeShooter   Author's Homepage   Email 2ndTimeShooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're still collecting serial #s for 59 Kodiak Specials, I have one to add:
YA419
68"
42#
Like all of them, it's a very pretty bow. It has the underlayment near the tips.

--------------------
Shandor

Posts: 65 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jr1959
Contributor 2016
Member # 15552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr1959   Email jr1959   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 1959 KS specs are WC 191 64" 34#

--------------------
'59 Kodiak 48# 60"
'55 Kodiak 46# 60"
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Cari-bow Featherhorn 53# 64" LH
JD Berry Morningstar 53# 66" LH

Posts: 147 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Shandor - Just added your 68" 1959 KS, Thanks for your imput.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©