JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK for today we can start with B-2098 it may be lefthanded as I recall and was total restoration.bd
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got time to give up a few more this morning.So next will be B-1499 it may be LH total restoration as I recall.bd
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

OK I knew this was going to happen at some point.I was kind of thinking if I kept digging I'd find it and booyaa found it this morning.This is a great one and I will add a little info on this one at some point but anywho it's B-2489 so that would had to have been built in 1972 according to Frank's notes.Well that one according to bowdoc's notes was 72.The riser is your normal looking black and tan and very well may have been one of the last flush mounted brass coin black and tan risers built.Or will 2499 surface in our quest ? stay tuned.bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

and then B-2226.......bd
Lamont Granger
Member # 20162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamont Granger   Email Lamont Granger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RH, B-1745, original finish, brown bears, signed by Fred Bear

Lamont

Posts: 17 | From: Rochester Minnesota | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

and I'll give up one more.Gee's we should be near to cracking the case ahh ? this one would be B-2072....bd
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bowdoc- That last one you just gave B-2072 I already put on the list.It's one I used to own and sold it to a fellow.Shortly after he sold it on e-***.I wondered what ever happened to it.Funny how some of hese make the rounds.Maybe i'll get it back one day.
Posts: 1319 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grant Young
Contributor 2007
Member # 10336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grant Young   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, I have B-1630 and a style II that I'll dig up the number on. You probably have the numbe BD. Grant
Posts: 1262 | From: So. Central Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think mine is B-1225 I bought it sometime in 1969. I killed a muley buck with it the fall of that year. The Bowdoc has it for refinishing at this time.

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1222 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrookedStick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrookedStick   Email CrookedStick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys...list should be up to date as of 7/24, 22:00, but if I ever say that and you don't see your bow there, give me a poke.

Grant, can you give me a few details on 1630? RH or LH, etc...

Bill, same with 1225, any more info for posterity? You should go to Owosso, Michigan with that bow. There is a steam engine there with the same number--was used in Polar Express movie.

Bowdoc, anybody ever call you a pain in the butt? Next thing you'll want me to pick up your laundry.

I'll only add a bowdoc note if you show me how to restore a '59 Kodiak...oh, you already did that...well, I'll only add a bowdoc note if you show me how to fix the sight holes in a Bear Takedown...oh, you already did that too...well, I'll only add a bowdoc note if you share your massive list of Bear risers in your ledger notes...oh, you are already doing that.

Ok, you win, I guess I'll add a Bowdoc note to your ledger bows. [Not Worthy]

Thanks again guys,

Bernie

Posts: 241 | From: Mid-Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

you rock Bernie your the best book keeper I know.I think were fairly near to cracking this case.Soon as I get the fan running in my paint booth I'll look up a few more riser numbers....bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

hey Johnyboy next time were on the phone I will tell you about B-2072 and what I'd like to do with that riser and a one time owner of it.The sun would never shine on it again you might say.bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Hey Bill your serial number is B-1425 ... bd  -
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

big Bill's riser is the one between the A and B..check out the color of the wood.Now thats about one of the best looking B's I've seen.bd  -
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

.bd  -
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©