JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972
JavelinaHink
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavelinaHink   Email JavelinaHink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I'm going to have to get me a B Riser....looking good....Hink.. [archer]

--------------------
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Posts: 602 | From: Ida, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc- I can't waot to hear the story behind my old riser B-2072.It brought me nothing but joy.
Posts: 1319 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wasapt
Contributor 2018
Member # 10125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wasapt   Email wasapt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have RH, B riser # 1641 with riser cut out for sight, stab. insert and quiver insert, orig finish
Posts: 721 | From: lubbock, tx | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wasapt
Contributor 2018
Member # 10125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wasapt   Email wasapt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yea, brown bears.
Posts: 721 | From: lubbock, tx | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaskabowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 7576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaskabowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email alaskabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is mine B-1471

--------------------
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Posts: 791 | From: minnesota | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck good to hear from you.Bryce you got yourself a B wood ahh ? cool deal.I do not have an early model B wood right now myself.Only a green striper.However after a little custom work on it like making it a bit more center shot and lowing the shelf a little too.That is about one of the best shooting risers I've owned.
OK Bernie back to work bro.today we will start with B-1634 note reads factory stabilizer bushing installed.
Now here's the wisser for today.I ran across a note last night about plugging several stabilizer bushing holes in Bear t/d's.The problem with said note is it does not note the serial numbers of those bows.dang dang dang I wish I would have listed those as such.bd

Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and then and then....remember Bernie I said you gotta put up with a little screwing around.OK next one will be B-1101 no notes and I'am pretty certin on an early serial number like that if it had bushing I would have noted it on that one.So I'll say no bushing.bd
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

OK found the note on B-1101 note reads no bushing and a copper coin installed by bowdoc.bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

here's one that never made much sence or is it since ? to me.Its was an early model meaning way before the 2000#'s because the riser was real thick in the grip.It never had any factory serial number on it.It was all original when I recieved it but had no markings.ealry model B riser lefthand no number..bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

whoops one more note on B-1101 it has early type sockets in it as well.Meaning the sockets were the thin fabed one's reather then the second thicker type sockets.Note reads I had to tap the sockets down with a block of wood and a hammer.That note means early socket heavy limbs = bent sockets in the pocket where the limb heels are held.Yeah I know it ai'nt even got confusing yet guy's.bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

and the next item up for bid is a very beautiful 1970 whoooops I thought I was on another sight sorry.
OK the next item for the Bernie B list is a Bear Archery B riser serial number B-1878.bd

d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

OK here's another odd duck for the B list.This is a B riser factory serial number is B-01630 yes B-01630 have no idea on that one.It's a normal B riser but had that serial number.weird huh ? bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

whoops B-01630 is lefthanded.bd
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

crap here's another wisser for today Bear Archery riser B-1861 is already listed right ? says original finish Wade's friend or something to that affect correct ? I have it listed in around 2002 with a note that reads 2 holes coin side ???? bd
CrookedStick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrookedStick   Email CrookedStick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for keepin' 'em coming everyone.

Bowdoc, I love listening to your ramblings, er notes, about the bows!

I'll try to weed through them all and get the lists updated tonight.

Bernie

Posts: 241 | From: Mid-Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©