JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear C Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bear C Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972
Boreal
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boreal   Email Boreal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, new to this forum. I was just gifted this C riser takedown. It's C-1021, with B stamped after the serial number. I think that indicates it was purchased by a Bear employee. I have the original matching number limbs, string with old peep and kisser button, and sight. It all comes in the original case with a few broadheads. She's in beautiful shape and shoots like a dream with a new string.
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 1 | From: Alaska | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medicare Bhtr
Contributor 2016
Member # 36646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medicare Bhtr   Email Medicare Bhtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a C-1148 riser. Do not know how to post pics.
Posts: 123 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Workaholic1
Member # 29791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Workaholic1   Email Workaholic1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlier this year or late last year i managed to get my hands on a bear take down. The type ive been wanting since i was probably 7 or 8. Since i grew up to be fairly tall, when i started my search i decided to look for a c riser, and found one.
It seems to be a 1969 or 70 model, with a serial number of C-1169. It seems to still have the original finish on it. It also still has the original magnetic rest and berger button. Also installed is a adapter for a stab which i believe was done at the factory. The only modifications i see on it is 3 screw holes on the belly of it and 3 on the back from a sight mount. It came with an old jennings sight installed. It does still have the brown bears on the latches too.
The white tip limbs it came with seem to have been refinished with what looks like a gloss white before the finish was reapplied. The limb serial does not match the riser so i suspect that the limbs were either traded for or a replacement set was gotten for it for one reason or other. I wanted to let you know so you could update your list of known c risers, if need be. I can try to get good pics if needed.

--------------------
Kansas Army National Guard 1987-1990
U.S. Army 1990-1991
U.S. Navy 1996-2014- Retired

Posts: 70 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Workaholic 1-
Sounds like a nice find.Just to let you know,the risers did not come with matching serial number limbs.Some guys,like myself,find it to be another fun part of collecting Bear risers and limbs to find a riser and a set of matching numbered limbs.But both could be bought separately.So your limbs may or may not have been bought with your riser.

Posts: 1319 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Workaholic1
Member # 29791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Workaholic1   Email Workaholic1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that input. I wondered why the limbs had a serial just north of 2200. That explains it. The limbs are a nice light 33@28, which allows for a good form bow. I may eventually look for a set of heavier limbs, too.

--------------------
Kansas Army National Guard 1987-1990
U.S. Army 1990-1991
U.S. Navy 1996-2014- Retired

Posts: 70 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©