JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Can Anyone ID These Broadheads? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Can Anyone ID These Broadheads?
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hink - Could not find your arrows in the 1930s and 1940s Bear Catalogs. Found most of my Bear arrows from that era and none were the same.

TimberlineX - Also forgot to mention that on page 21 in the Second Edition of "1871-1971", that the 11/32 Barbed Zwickey is rated as A-, which has the dollar equivalent of $1,500. (A = 2,000, and a "-" means less one fourth the value). Although that is a 2004 publication, the value that all the Barbed Zwickeys that have sold that I know of, have been within about 20 percent of the published value.

However that is not true of all 250 published values. One head (not a Zwickey) sold earlier this year for five (yes 5) times the 2004 published value.

As I have said many times, all collectors are crazy...

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT for an interesting thread.

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. I don't really collect broadheads other than Razorheads but I do come across lots of old ones now and then. It's good information
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©