JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » How did you make your broadhead display cases ? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How did you make your broadhead display cases ?
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cody - I buy the felt from a local fabric store.

Actually I don't care much for felt as a background in a display case, far to flashy for my very primitative tastes.

My preference is a simple burlap background painted ivory or paraffin. Some texture with the elegance of old museum quality.

Frank - You'll have to give me a quote for some nice boards for a new batch of display cases.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Wade, I didnt even think about buying it from a fabric store...

Wade can you get burlap from a fabric store ?...

As I am thinking burlap feed bags..

--------------------
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cody - Burlap from a fabric store is in a roll just like other fabrics. Just smear glue on the back and stick on burlap and let dry for at least a day before painting. Would guess a burlap feed sack would work just fine if it is large enough. If you have to use more than one feed sack, seams may be able to be hidden by the wooden strips for clips.

Depending on the paint, it may take 2 or 3 coats for the burlap as the fabric soaks up the liquid. Paint your strips for the clips the same color as the burlap before installing the clips, then screw the slips to the back.

--------------------

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Wade, I going to get a start making it later tomorrow some time..I have the side boards and the back board.. I just need arrows clips, and fabric and glass.. Do you guys think adding a light inside would be over the top ?.. As I been thinking of adding one.. I think I will copy your dipplay Wade The one where your arrows are on one side and your heads are on the other..

Thanks for the help guys,

Cody

--------------------

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Cody - If you the make the cases 34" x 42" x 2" or 3" deep a light inside the case may not do a lot of good. Really can't say for sure. Have seen hundreds of 2" or 3" deep broadhead display cases but don't remember any with a light inside. Some of the much deeper rotating cases have lights, something like you would see at a jewelry store display.

--------------------

Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Cody -

You can just paint the back of your display white which is the easiest and certainly one of the best ways to do make a display. I renovated this display case by removing all the clips and painting the boards with white paint. The case was one of five of Floyd's original broadhead and arrow displays. Nice to look at but the items are not covered with glass so I use it for fish points now...

-

--------------------

Ron Roehrick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Roehrick   Email Ron Roehrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cody, you have been bitten by that dreaded broadhead collecting bug, remember we did try warn you that its addicting....Good luck with your collecting.
Posts: 843 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Ron-LOL Yes my friend I been bitten hard by the collecting bug.. But like my dad tells me I could be sending that money on other things ( I sure you guys know what he talking about) But as you all know I love the archery History.

Wade, I was thinking would just taking white drawing paper work as well or look good at all and I have to do is glue it to the back board ?.. Or would painting look better ???..

Cody

--------------------

Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Cody - White paint would be better than drawing paper as the paper would probably get punctured and cut from the broadheads as well as getting dirty from the oil and dirt on the heads. Paint cleans up a lot easier than paper.

--------------------

bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had any luck finding any info on the cabinet door clips. All the sources on the internet so far do not show the old style door clips [banghead]

Will pass on any info I find.

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the clips that 3 River's sells the good ones or are they the small ones?

$55.00/100 there.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Trap - Just checked the arrow clips on 3 Rivers. They are the good style, adjustable and larger...

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=4234X

--------------------

TRAP
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure I've found the source for arrow clips. If we can get 1001 ordered we can get them for .34 each plus shipping. PM me if you're interested in getting in on a bulk purchase.

The next break in price is for 5000 or more. Not sure we can hit that but I'm confident we can find enough folks to make the 1000+ order.

I sent the info to Wade and I'll wait for him to confirm that they are the correct clips.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will need a few, everyone tried to warn me [help]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2685 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

LOL, we have enough commitments to get the discount, but I'll wait till next week to see if some other people want to get on board.

Trap

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©