JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear Grizzly Identification Guide 1949-1969 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Bear Grizzly Identification Guide 1949-1969
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cacciatore - If you read the text in the 1957 Catalog, for the three bows mentioned below, you will see that Bear made reference to three types of recurves....

Working recurve - Kodiak
Conventional recurve - Grizzly (static recurve)
Semi-Recurve - Polar

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 4149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeremy   Email Jeremy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Posts: 5065 | From: East Haddam, CT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back up for the Grizzley lovers. Too Bad Wade removed his primo photos

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8048 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowBowke
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowBowke   Email SlowBowke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think Wade had photobucket issues and lost a bunch.......or something?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Posts: 782 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,

Sorry about the photobucket images. Not sure what happened as I haven't been using it much for over a year.

I'll see if I can get them re-posted. In the meantime you can email me and I'll try to email the images to you.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt
Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhermon85
Contributor 2015
Member # 37706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhermon85   Email dhermon85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could a '53 have a running bear decal? Possible? Normal?
Posts: 1264 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible.

1953 could have either an earlier small running bear decal or the later,and larger standing bear decal commonly found on Bear bows of 1954 and 1955. I believe the patent applied for decal changed to Canada 1953 when the standing bear decal began showing up.

Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhermon85
Contributor 2015
Member # 37706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhermon85   Email dhermon85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tony
Posts: 1264 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhermon85
Contributor 2015
Member # 37706

Well, I got a new toy...
I believe an early 1953!
 -
 -
 -

TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Nice to see it out in the sunlight. Love those grizzlies.
ceme24
Contributor 2015
Member # 22378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceme24   Email ceme24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow!
I have been on this site for 5 years and have owned a couple dozen Grizzlys...and never knew this thread was out there!

Thank you

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Posts: 2797 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

ttt
Shane Reed
Contributor 2014
Member # 24012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Reed   Email Shane Reed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT
Posts: 999 | From: Vermont | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eidsvolling
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eidsvolling   Email eidsvolling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope I'm not contributing to any potential marital discord, but there's a 1954 that appears to be in very nice condition currently listed on the auction site as a longbow. (I've sent the seller a correction.)

I'd be bidding but it's just 40# and i'm not interested at that weight. I suspect that some of you might be among the 23 currently watching ... [saywhat]

Posts: 556 | From: Usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©