JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » The Antique Archery Arsenal (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: The Antique Archery Arsenal
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Wade I wanted to make sure I got my post in. You know just in case I did say just in case you were maybe rewriting your will.Once again I love ya man your soon to be son Ph.d Archer Bowmen
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom I.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom I.   Author's Homepage   Email Tom I.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade....
How large is that room? Or is it more than one room?
I suspect that's more pure archery equipment than even Fred had in his museum...Fantastic!!!
Tom I.

Posts: 367 | From: Hagerstown, MD | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tox Collector
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tox Collector   Author's Homepage   Email Tox Collector   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade, Any chance for a few more photos of your archery library -- as you know, I collect primarily books and am always interested in other archery collectors' libraries. TC

--------------------
"...the volumes of an archer's library are the doors to the most varied scenes and the most engaging company." C. J. Longman, Archery, The Badminton Library, 1894

Posts: 208 | From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom - It is the entire 2,000 square foot basement, with some separating walls but no doors or doorways, sort of one continuous open area. Haven't got all the photographs taken yet, as there are still some very messy piles that need to be cleaned up. There are also a few unorganized storage areas of extra stuff.

Tox - We should ask you to post photographs of your archery library. I'm certain your library is far more extensive than mine.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warberg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warberg   Author's Homepage   Email Warberg       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade most impressive collection. Thanks again, look forward to more pics,
Posts: 534 | From: Orting Washington | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tox Collector
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tox Collector   Author's Homepage   Email Tox Collector   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade, I don't know about that -- your archery library is huge as well as comprehensive. My library is scattered in bookcases and drawers all over the house not to mention the ephemera which is stored in a number of places in plastic containers. You have, literally, a museum. It's really cool! TC

--------------------
"...the volumes of an archer's library are the doors to the most varied scenes and the most engaging company." C. J. Longman, Archery, The Badminton Library, 1894

Posts: 208 | From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some of the controlled mess... Sort of the cord wood that Larry spoke of earlier.

Seven pairs of 5/8" x 16" dowels with extra bows that need a new home...

-

A few more of the 5/8" x 16" dowels of extra bows on the opposite wall...
 -

Seven more sets of dowels on an unfinished wall, mostly extra bows that also need a new home...

-

This box of bows is even less organized than the dowel approach...

-

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artifaker1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artifaker1   Email artifaker1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade is the Mack Daddy!

--------------------
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Posts: 444 | From: Aurora Colorado | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladester
Member # 21082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladester   Email Bladester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, even your "cord wood" is pretty well organized. I'm extremely impressed. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us!

--Larry

Posts: 15 | From: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tox Collector
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11626

Nice!

--------------------

penrosefred
Contributor 2014
Member # 18900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penrosefred   Email penrosefred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all I can say is WOW

--------------------
I don't kill innocent animals, I kill the ones that look guilty

Posts: 193 | From: penrose, Co. | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade, If you dont want those Bear 76er's let me know.. I am looking for a few of them..

Cody

P.S great pics Wade,

--------------------
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It worths a tour from Italy to Nebraska,congrats and thanks for sharing all your informations.Felix

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9124 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've pretty much followed this thread since the first day you posted, Wade. I've started to post my thoughts several times, and can't quite put them to words. I feel honored to be able to see so much archery history for free. I know it's not like being there, as we can't see every individual piece, but it's still stunning. I would consider seeing this collection in person as the eighth wonder of the world.

Not only have you amassed a wonderful collection of archery history, but the hours of photography you have logged as well as the research and documentation. Having met you at Comptons, and spending time listening to the passion you have for this sport, it doesn't surprise me the collection you have. I'm still amazed at seeing it all.

All I can say is I hope to see it all someday!!

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8053 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Enos
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Enos   Email Rick Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade,I'm looking for some Barns items If you ever dig anything up along that line.Very impressive collection.PS Still waiting for your book.I have Dominos Pizza on hold for the big occasion...Rick....
Posts: 587 | From: Coldwater, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©