JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » The Antique Archery Arsenal (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: The Antique Archery Arsenal
Si
Member # 9718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si   Email Si   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice display. I got a tour of this in Seattle from Glenn St. Charles before they moved it.
Posts: 46 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JavelinaHink
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavelinaHink   Email JavelinaHink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dunno] [Confused] [Wink]

--------------------
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Posts: 601 | From: Ida, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Si:
Nice display. I got a tour of this in Seattle from Glenn St. Charles before they moved it.

You dont say [Wink]

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie B.
Contributor 2015
Member # 26120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie B.   Email Bernie B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I missed this one! Pretty much speechless! That's an incredible collection, and well displayed. Thank you for sharing your treasury!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Posts: 2391 | From: Iowa | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible collection! I'm blown away, especially by the first hunting season display! Thanks for doing what you do [clapper]

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane Reed
Contributor 2014
Member # 24012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Reed   Email Shane Reed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt
Posts: 999 | From: Vermont | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane Reed
Contributor 2014
Member # 24012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Reed   Email Shane Reed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent this to the top because I wouldn't ever want to see this topic lost in the shuffle.
Posts: 999 | From: Vermont | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Sorg
Contributor 2016
Member # 12697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Sorg   Email Ken Sorg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn!!!!
Posts: 283 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many maple sight window 59s in the triple A now?
Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only six 59 Maple Sight Windows at the Arsenal,

2-64"
3-60"
1-56"

Haven't picked up a MSW for several years.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...now thats a collection!! Im jealous

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2150 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade's unique tomato stakes are a collection.

The Antique Archery Arsenal has enough treasure to be nominated as a National Historic Landmark.

Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony -

We now have over 275 rose bushes plus dozens of other flowers. Unfortunately all of the old garden spots are now flower beds and there is no room for tomatoes.

Tomato stakes didn't get used last year as I created a nice vegetable garden spot in neighbor's yard in an area to the far north.

Early last fall, we negotiated with our neighbor to the east for an additional 25' wide strip along the length of our back lot line that we will use mostly for gardening. This spot is more convenient than the area to the north. So plan to put in lots of vegetables and use tomato stakes for their intended purpose. Now if we only had room for some chickens...

During the last couple of weeks, the Arsenal has been undergoing a much needed reorganization. Over the past few years, it had become the Antique Archery Arsenal & Storage. We are trying to eliminate the Storage part. Hope to have the project completed in March. Have discovered numerous archery duplicates that will need a new home very soon. Have given away countless furniture items and have several more that need to go. If you are in the neighborhood, bring your truck. Going to Goodwill this morning with a load of miscellaneous items.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

"Miscellaneous Items" could be the title of my collection.

"Random Jottings" would title my research.

Seems like retirement is a lot of work!
However, if you are giving any furniture like this to Goodwill, I may be interested:

-

TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

-

Whenever he greets guests at the Arsenal, Wade Phillips has a reason to smile.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©