Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear Micro-Flite Arrows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bear Micro-Flite Arrows
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AALLFAB   Email AALLFAB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have looked all over this site and all over the web for spine information. I found a chart that tells you which arrows you need at a specific draw length and pull weight. I want to know the spine of Micro Flight arrows 1-12 on a standardized spine tester set at the standard 26" C to C with the standard 2# weight applied. Jim [knothead]
Posts: 365 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeeps84
Member # 16894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeeps84   Email Jeeps84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know also I just got soe as a gift. Thanks to Elbow.
Jeeps

Posts: 50 | From: Vermont | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
Contributor 2015
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this site. www.archeryarchives.com/microflite.html. If memory serves, the site also has spine charts for other brands of fiberglass shafts manufactured during that time.
Posts: 6726 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AALLFAB   Email AALLFAB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link did not open for me at all. I have had trouble with this site in the past with the pictures not showing up. I cant find anything about arrows and the search does not work on the site. Jim
Posts: 365 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
Contributor 2015
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. It's been a while since I used it,2005 in fact. That is the web address on the bottom of the pages with the charts on them.
Posts: 6726 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

I am just not getting anywhere with the archery archives. I deleted the /microflite.html from your link and finally got the actual web site but nothing on arrows except pearson arrows. Jim
4runr
Contributor 2015
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.archeryarchives.com/microflite.html

On the AA site on the right of the front page it says glass arrow shaft spine charts.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7800 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
Contributor 2015
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microflites were introduced in 1961 with shafts offered in sizes 0-10.

-
 -

In 1971 the shafts were offered in sizes 0-12.
 -
 -

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7800 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Thanks much this helps a lot and now your provided link works too. Jim
bearmagtd
Member # 4370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bearmagtd   Author's Homepage   Email bearmagtd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spine defelection for some of the sizes I have. #2 size .849, #4 size .671, #5 size .611, #6 size .582, #7 size .543, #8 size .455, #9 size .420. #10, size .3.90, #11 size .321. Hope this is what you where looking for.
Posts: 93 | From: Chicago | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Helps a lot now I know the general range but the problem i now see is i am getting .770 on #4s and .517 on #8s which makes us 5# apart on one then #8 on the other. jim

[ January 10, 2010, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: aallfab ]

Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raineman   Email Raineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ January 09, 2010, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Raineman ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Eldersburg, MD | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Migra Bill
Contributor 2012
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migra Bill         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell plastic...
Posts: 1284 | From: Sykesville, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TOEJAMMER
Contributor 2015
Member # 20372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOEJAMMER   Email TOEJAMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have #11's, yellow shafts, that I bought in the mid or so 60's. They were made by Browning whom I believe had the original patents on them. They sold it to Bear at some point. I know they went up to a #12 at the time I bought them.
Posts: 691 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

I just built a really good and accurate spine tester so i will be able to tell the spine now but only for the 3 or 4 sizes I have. Jim
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©