Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear Micro-Flite Arrows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bear Micro-Flite Arrows
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AALLFAB   Email AALLFAB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have looked all over this site and all over the web for spine information. I found a chart that tells you which arrows you need at a specific draw length and pull weight. I want to know the spine of Micro Flight arrows 1-12 on a standardized spine tester set at the standard 26" C to C with the standard 2# weight applied. Jim [knothead]
Posts: 365 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeeps84
Member # 16894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeeps84   Email Jeeps84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know also I just got soe as a gift. Thanks to Elbow.
Jeeps

Posts: 50 | From: Vermont | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
Contributor 2015
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this site. www.archeryarchives.com/microflite.html. If memory serves, the site also has spine charts for other brands of fiberglass shafts manufactured during that time.
Posts: 6724 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AALLFAB   Email AALLFAB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link did not open for me at all. I have had trouble with this site in the past with the pictures not showing up. I cant find anything about arrows and the search does not work on the site. Jim
Posts: 365 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
Contributor 2015
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. It's been a while since I used it,2005 in fact. That is the web address on the bottom of the pages with the charts on them.
Posts: 6724 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

I am just not getting anywhere with the archery archives. I deleted the /microflite.html from your link and finally got the actual web site but nothing on arrows except pearson arrows. Jim
4runr
Contributor 2015
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.archeryarchives.com/microflite.html

On the AA site on the right of the front page it says glass arrow shaft spine charts.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7780 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
Contributor 2015
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microflites were introduced in 1961 with shafts offered in sizes 0-10.

-
 -

In 1971 the shafts were offered in sizes 0-12.
 -
 -

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7780 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Thanks much this helps a lot and now your provided link works too. Jim
bearmagtd
Member # 4370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bearmagtd   Author's Homepage   Email bearmagtd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spine defelection for some of the sizes I have. #2 size .849, #4 size .671, #5 size .611, #6 size .582, #7 size .543, #8 size .455, #9 size .420. #10, size .3.90, #11 size .321. Hope this is what you where looking for.
Posts: 93 | From: Chicago | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

Helps a lot now I know the general range but the problem i now see is i am getting .770 on #4s and .517 on #8s which makes us 5# apart on one then #8 on the other. jim

[ January 10, 2010, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: aallfab ]

Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raineman   Email Raineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ January 09, 2010, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Raineman ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Eldersburg, MD | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Migra Bill
Contributor 2012
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migra Bill         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell plastic...
Posts: 1284 | From: Sykesville, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TOEJAMMER
Contributor 2015
Member # 20372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOEJAMMER   Email TOEJAMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have #11's, yellow shafts, that I bought in the mid or so 60's. They were made by Browning whom I believe had the original patents on them. They sold it to Bear at some point. I know they went up to a #12 at the time I bought them.
Posts: 680 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AALLFAB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8813

I just built a really good and accurate spine tester so i will be able to tell the spine now but only for the 3 or 4 sizes I have. Jim
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©