JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Fred Bear Sports Club Members (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fred Bear Sports Club Members
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the sad news of Dick Lattimer's passing,
I have been thinking of the Fred Bear Sports Club in which he founded for Bear Archery.

Thought it would be nice to hear a story or see other members come forward with their FBSC membership # in his honor.
My # is 85001.....One of the last members I would think.
Pics are a plus!
Bravo Dick Lattimer [clapper] ..........Philip

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C Kerley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C Kerley   Email C Kerley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just a kid and never joined, but how coincidental that I just bought two Club patches off the auction 5 min ago. I don't know if they are real or not, but for no more than I gave for them they'll look great regardless. I would like to see all the momentos too....
Posts: 310 | From: Springfield, MO | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philip, Dick Lattimer has really helped keeping 'Papa Bear's' legacy alive. Charter member FBSC #5869 July 26, 1973
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1690 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry m
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry m   Email Larry m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never did join the FBSC but do have a nice signed copy of his book, "Hunt with Fred Bear". The passing of time can be very sad.
Posts: 1150 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,sad to hear about Dick Lattimer.He did so much to help promote the sport of archery and bowhunting.Here is a photo I had saved from part of my display I had set up at an outdoor show last February in northern Michigan.Some FBSC memorabilia.The patch at the bottom of the picture is one of only about 14 ever made and is one of the original FBSC jacket patches.The photo of the original 11 members including Fred shows them with this patch on their jackets.Such history of the good ol' days.
 -

Posts: 1318 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shick:
Philip, Dick Lattimer has really helped keeping 'Papa Bear's' legacy alive.
FBSC #5869 July 26, 1973

Shick

Hey Shick, Johnnyrazorhead thanks for sharing my friends.

My membership certificate is on the wall at the country house. I will snap a pic and post it when I get there this week.
So many FBSC members, where are they?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim g
Member # 22400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim g   Email jim g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I joined In the eary 70s, still got my patch, but have no idea what my number is.
Posts: 64 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim g
Member # 22400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim g   Email jim g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, were did you do a show in nortren mi in Feb?
Posts: 64 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim- I had set up a display the previous April in Grayling at the Grayling Expo and a gentleman happened to see my stuff and contacted me about setting up at their 4th annual Outdoor Show in Custer,Michigan.in February.Custer is a small town just east of Ludington.It was in the gymnasium of one of the schools there.It wasn't a big show but it was alot of fun.
Posts: 1318 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeff w
Contributor 2015
Member # 569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff w   Email jeff w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have my card and signed crtificate from the from the FBSC. Member #26281.
Posts: 645 | From: east ky | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Enos
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Enos   Email Rick Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a member but have a few things to share.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 587 | From: Coldwater, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhawk archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhawk archer   Email bowhawk archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 6, 1978.
 -

Posts: 488 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Thanks so much for sharing your FBSC items.Your cerificate is awesome being signed by Dick and Fred.

Here's my certificate.
Frank Scott was the national director when I recieved my membership........Philip
 -

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philip -

I was a Charter Member of the FBSC. Haven't seen my membership pack for years but know it is safely put away somewhere here. I never throw anything away. At least not on purpose.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

If anyone is/was a charter member, I know you are Wade.
I was anticipating your FBSC items to be honest.
I figured you to show us alot more than a certificate like me.

I hope you find your member packet and other items.

Oh, and the 68' "non trim stripe" proto T/D you pictured is new to my eyes! A real treat, thanks for that. The other you pictured I have seen in pics.
I knew of the "shotgun lever" proto Fred hunted Africa with and have pics holding it at Bear archery. That was a special day for me.

Thanks for sharing those special bows...Philip

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©