JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Fred Bear Signature Bow (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fred Bear Signature Bow
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fred Bear's masterpiece is on the big auction site once again.
The last one that sold their went for $8900.00

Described as being untouched and complete.
I don't see or read about the booklet that should accompany the bow but the pictures look beautiful and it is listed with NO reserve!

If the auction runs it's full length, it may break records for the LOWEST price for a Genuine Fred Bear signature bow. Great opportunity.

Christmas may come early for one lucky elf!

Good Luck...........Philip

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
450 marlin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 450 marlin   Email 450 marlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#330657144432 is another starting at $3000
Posts: 1239 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make that 2 Fred Bear signature bows!

How I love the Christmas Season...........Philip

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copicasso
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copicasso   Email copicasso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last one on the auction site was bid up to $3500 and didn't meet the reserve.
Posts: 460 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to get a second job!!!!!!!!!!!!
,,,,,Sam,,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2547 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

We see mint original risers and limbs sell in the $2500 range sometimes.

We are seeing Fred Bear Signature Bows close to those prices!

Talk about a bad economy.......

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NEVER A LEFTY ONE ANYWAY [banghead]

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9124 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The seller has sold a number of takedowns and one prior signature takedown that went for 2700.00 in '09. That's according to his FB anyway.
Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was a "lefty" on there either early this year or late last year..I wanted that one but out of my budget..think it sold for an awful lot.. also a guy sold a LEFTY 1970 A riser on another traditional site last week....I asked for pics but it sold before the seller answered my request
Posts: 641 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trubltrubl,now that A riser has a good home! [readit]
I bit myself on that Signature but it went for 3 times more that the other rh,too much for me too!

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9124 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahandle70
Member # 21696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahandle70   Email ahandle70   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The #99 bow is amazing...best looking riser I have ever seen. This one should do pretty well on there. Time to start digging behind the cushions on the couch! Kinda sad some of these bows have never been assembled...do you think that's what Fred intended back in 1982? Tough one to swallow either way.
Posts: 94 | From: iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cacciatore did u pick up the A riser? if so..good for you.... and how about some pics when you get it!!!!
Posts: 641 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

I sure do when I'll can see it myself!
I am set with 2 B and 2 A,it took 3 years and a lot of searches,some good friends too,thanks Jack!

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

I asked several questions to the seller of the signature bow #158 2 days ago.

NO REPLY..........Interesting

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

ahandle70
Member # 21696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahandle70   Email ahandle70   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bow is #49...not #99. My mistake. Would look nice in a Christmas stocking. I know Al sent Christmas cards years ago with Bear recurves in them. A Signature was in one of them!
Posts: 94 | From: iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©