Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » ****** BEWARE OF FAKES ****** (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: ****** BEWARE OF FAKES ******
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the folks that have been banned, one guy screwed another on a $3500 riser...he and his crew are trying to 'DROPBOMB' the site....

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH!!!!

If anything sounds fishy...let me know.

If they are NOT a member here BEWARE!!!

If their name is in any way different then their profile.....BEWARE!!!!!...and concact us...and make a post exposing them.

These folks actually screw folks and then laugh about it. What they don't know is they have a snitch in the bunch.....but I'm sure they will find out now that I have posted about it.

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29658 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$3500 riser! Wow, that must have been extremely rare.
Posts: 5236 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stik&string
Contributor 2015
Member # 18418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stik&string     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT
Posts: 935 | From: Iowa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawk4570
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawk4570   Email hawk4570   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be worth going after for me, infact 50 cents would be worth going after if they were going to cheat me.

--------------------
bill browning

Posts: 674 | From: russellville, ky | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheephunter
Contributor 2016
Member # 29170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheephunter   Author's Homepage   Email sheephunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That amount is a FELONY OFFENSE, not just a misdemeanor. I would pursue it and put the guy in PRISON, not just a short while in jail. Thanks Terry!

--------------------
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 58@28
Great Plains 64" 1PC LB 57@28
Great Plains 60" 1PC RC 53@28
Thunder Mtn. 62" 1PC FB 57@28
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."-Winston Churchill

Posts: 1013 | From: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrowflipper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrowflipper   Author's Homepage   Email arrowflipper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry thank you for letting us know! $3500 holy smokes.
Posts: 845 | From: n.c. | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamike
Contributor 2015
Member # 34368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamike   Email pamike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for heads up - these guys make me sick!!

--------------------
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat
Sasquatch SS

Posts: 2595 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunterjp1
Member # 38959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunterjp1   Email Hunterjp1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a situation where a guy cheated me out of $10,000 I took him to court won a judgement and he turned around and filed bankruptcy. I then couldn't do anything. I showed up to his hearing and it did no good. Just beware when spending any large amount of money.

--------------------
Black Widow PCHX 58" 45# @ 28"
Zipper SXT 58" 47# @ 28"

Posts: 90 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real Buckmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real Buckmaster   Email Real Buckmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to say I have traded a few and bought a few, All were very pleasing to deal with. It just take one sour apple.
Posts: 694 | From: iowa | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got taken a couple times or the 2nd time I'm still not sure,,, moderators here handled one of the times for me and I did get my money back and the person is STILL on the scammers list which means the moderators weren't playing around but there was another time I sold a bow then the person said the bow broke and wanted his money back so I asked for picture of the bow and did refund then a buddy at work said the picture they sent was a photo shop and it wasn't even the same colors on the delaminated limbs in the picture it just looked weird but I couldn't prove it and just hope it wasn't true and moved on..

so yes be careful refunding money or trading back bows too.

EDITED in --> I forgot to mention that other than my couple things I have had nothing but good experiences here maybe over 100 deals all good, and many good conversations, made some new friends, and learned of some new hunting spots.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3027 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark stella
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark stella   Email mark stella   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read more than I post here. I always provide my location and phone number. I expect the same in return.
Courtesy and helps on both ends. Made a few new friends this way too. All good so far.
Thanks Terry.

Posts: 247 | From: athens, wv | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
Contributor 2017
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads up!

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3884 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[saywhat]

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29658 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moots
Contributor 2014
Member # 35587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moots   Email Moots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.
Posts: 1549 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrownA5
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrownA5   Email BrownA5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry for the heads up. It is appreciated!

--------------------
62" Morrison Cheyenne 48# @ 28"
60" Black Widow PAX 50# @ 28"
60" Marriah Thermal 53# @ 28"

Posts: 2489 | From: New York | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©