JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » 1959 Kodiaks - the Rarest Model ??? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 1959 Kodiaks - the Rarest Model ???
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imbowhunt10:
BA312 60" 50#
no coin

Kenny -

Nice looking MSW. I entered the data on the list on first page of this thread.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imbowhunt10
Contributor 2017
Member # 9995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbowhunt10   Email imbowhunt10   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ThankYou Wade.

--------------------
Everyday is a good day, just some better than others.

Posts: 478 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copicasso
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copicasso   Email copicasso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade,
It does have a coin.

Posts: 460 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
69RECURVE
Contributor 2015
Member # 6602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69RECURVE   Email 69RECURVE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wade I do have a 59 56" bow that the purple heart looks like purple heart up close but lay it down and it looks like the rest of the bow. I have given up trying to post pictures but could send them to you if you like. From what I can tell the numbers say AA625 56" 32# @ 26" B. It is missing the coin and leather grip.
Andy

Posts: 274 | From: FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious as to the opinions of folks who know so much more than I as to whether the bow that looks a lot like a 1959 64" MSW , no coin, that is currently being offered at the place we do not mention is what it looks like. The photos are crappy, no depictions of overlays, limbs or tips and the serial number doesn't look anything like the sequence of those that are authenticated and reported on page 1 of this thread.
 -

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 907 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horney Toad
Contributor 2014
Member # 9539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horney Toad   Email Horney Toad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks real to me, but you are right, could use better pics.
Posts: 1585 | From: MD | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eidsvolling
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eidsvolling   Email eidsvolling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article by Matt Dickerson, "Bear Archery Kodiaks 1950-1966", states that some early '59s were built without coins. According to him, the 64" had two different sight window lengths, 6" for weights up to around 50# and 4" for heavier weights. Nothing I've seen in the pictures tells me this is not such a '59, but I don't even play a bow collector on TV, so that's JMHO.
Posts: 556 | From: Usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warpedarrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warpedarrow   Email warpedarrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$1125 for the two bows. Knock off $150 for the one leaves $975 for the 1959. I quit at $650 . Someday I will buy a msw 1959.

--------------------
Brad Lehmann

Posts: 481 | From: Coke County Texas | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horney Toad
Contributor 2014
Member # 9539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horney Toad   Email Horney Toad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that. someone really wanted that Kodiak.
Posts: 1585 | From: MD | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that long ago, a MSW 59 Kodiak in that condition was a real bargain at $1000.00

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah those were the 'good old days'! [archer]
Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowheadhunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowheadhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bowheadhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you all mean by Coin

--------------------
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Posts: 269 | From: alaska | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonyW
Contributor 2015
Member # 13086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonyW   Email TonyW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1231 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Janssen
Contributor 2016
Member # 22790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Janssen   Email Chuck Janssen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is new to me, but I just bought my first Kodiak today at a sale. Not sure of the age. The serial is DK545 64" and 61# It has a duel shelf. Left and right handed. It has the Maple riser.

--------------------
Life at it's Longest is Short

Posts: 253 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck, sounds like a Kodiak II, mid-50's. Post some photos so we can ooh and ahh.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 907 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©