Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Almost 60

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Almost 60
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took some almost 60 years old archery tackle for a little bunny hunting today. Saw a few rabbits but didn't connect. Killed a couple trophy stumps though.

-

1958 Bear Kodiak Special 62" 50#@28", Bear Nimrod quiver with hunting cuff and some X-200 repros of my own making.

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4157 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you had a good day with the old fellers [thumbsup]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2667 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amberjack
2017 Contributor
Member # 39759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amberjack   Email Amberjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunt like that, and you'll never hunt alone.

What's your favorite way to clean and dress them stumps? ;-)

Jack

--------------------
Fred Bear Taught Me How
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->>>

Posts: 316 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
Contributor 2016
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful photo DD! Sounds like you had a great day.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 7968 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
2017 Contributor
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome picture. I went out today stumping with my 65 Kodiak. Didn't see any critters but its always fun to be out.

--------------------
"If a man does his best, what else is there? "- General George S Patton Jr.

Posts: 256 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damascusdave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damascusdave   Email damascusdave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The time has come for DD and DDave to go forth with the old Bears and slay a large Canadian ungulate...Stump soup cannot be compared to grilled moose tenderloin

_
DDave

--------------------
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...right now I am down to about 47 by my count...someone help me please

Posts: 3494 | From: Mirror, Alberta, Canada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Dave

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4157 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A classic pairing, suitable for ptarmigan, moose or something shaggier, even.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 835 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
Contributor 2017
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Sir!

--------------------
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant. Made the switch to LH shooting and it was THE best thing I ever did.....YMMV

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 5203 | From: Boonsboro Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seboomook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seboomook   Email seboomook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pairing DD, I've been working up a load for pan handle muzzle loading. Hope the bunnies are plentiful next time.
Posts: 276 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©