JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » What companies manufactured both longbows and fishing rods?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What companies manufactured both longbows and fishing rods?
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a very slender fiberglass bow in an antique store with very tiny tips and a cork handle. The logo is missing.

Any manufacturers of old that made both longbows and fishing rods?

Thanks.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7393 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jhk1
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jhk1   Email jhk1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shakespeare is the first that comes to mind.
Posts: 385 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Abercrombie and fitch did back in the early 1900s.
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet Herters did too.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 5010 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found Stream EZE in a search, but not sure this is one of them.

Did Indian?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7393 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardbern
Member # 35037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardbern   Author's Homepage   Email hardbern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardy's in the UK, circa '61-'63.
Posts: 71 | From: Scotland | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Temper made metal limb bows with cork handles, as well as metal fishing rods with cork handles.

Ply-Flex also made bows as well as fishing rods.

If you can post an image of the area of missing logo on the bow, it might be possible to identify the it just by the size of the imprint of the logo,

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2235 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Stream eze, and love it!
It's a 2 piece, cork covered handle

Like to see a pic. Loved to get another, too!

Posts: 2347 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mullet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullet   Author's Homepage   Email mullet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a cork handled True Temper and they used to sale right beside the fishing tackle in the Hardware stores when I was growing up. About 6 years ago I ran across some of the bow strings still being sold in a Hardware store in a small back country town for a $1.25.
Posts: 509 | From: lakeland fl | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MCNSC
Contributor 2017
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCNSC   Author's Homepage   Email MCNSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a Conolon Missilite. I had no idea what it was when I got it. Posted some pics on the collectors forum and got a quick reply that it was a Conolon. I had never heard of this brand before. Anyway research shows that they were best known for fishing rods and only made bows for a few years.

--------------------
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Posts: 1740 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackmac613
Member # 46536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackmac613   Email Jackmac613   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is late, but let's not forget Sears. They sold a lot of sporting goods under their brand name "J.C. Higgins". I still have a rod and reel with that name from 1954. Also, way back around the 1930s Winchester had a chain of hardware/sporting goods stores that sold all kinds of sporting goods. I don't know if they sold archery equipment but a friend of mine had a Winchester bamboo fly rod from his father.
Posts: 7 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JavelinaHink
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavelinaHink   Email JavelinaHink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry Hobson, Salem, Oregon started making Bow's and Fly Rods back in the 30's

--------------------
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Posts: 602 | From: Ida, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucas K
Contributor 2012
Member # 13615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas K   Email Lucas K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Bend bait and tackle

--------------------
Lucas Kent

Posts: 637 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©