JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Black Widow information

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Widow information
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Cook   Email Richard Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had a older Wilson Bros. Black Widow sort of fall into my lap don't know anything about him other than I was able to determine it was made in 1967. Can anyone tell me anything else about this bow like the quality of the bow, what it may be worth, or a bit of company history.

Best regards,
Richard

Posts: 10 | From: Lone Pine, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Cook   Email Richard Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot pic
 -
 -

Posts: 10 | From: Lone Pine, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Try this again
 -  -

Richard Cook
Member # 20585

-
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Well I give up can't post pics.

Richard

4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you send pics to tradkenny@gmail.com I'll post them for you.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8074 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Thank you very much pics sent.

Richard

4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

You are welcome Sir.
Nice looking bow.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8074 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Cook
Member # 20585

Question, do these need to be shot with a flipper or can I shoot off the shelf?

Richard

Larry m
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry m   Email Larry m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could set that up to shoot off the shelf very easily. Put a Bear rug rest on it.

Nice vintage (The Wilson Brothers) bow to have fall into your lap!
Lucky You..............

I just noticed you live in Lone Pine.. The High Sierra Bowmen (Bishop) have a nice Traditional shoot at the end of July. Great place to try that bow out.

Posts: 1150 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Widow has always been premium bow maker so it should shoot with the best of it's time assuming it has been stored properly.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 938 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty flat shelf. If you have difficulty tuning it with a rug rest, send me a PM and I'll send you a feather rest.

Nice bow!!!!!! lucky lap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4372 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mahantango
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mahantango   Email mahantango   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I prefer the vintage Wilson Bros. Widows to the current offerings. Very nice bows with a long, respected history. Nice find.

--------------------
We are all here because we are not all there.

Posts: 1145 | From: central Pa. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©