JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Tice & Watts bow question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tice & Watts bow question
FastXD
Member # 21482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FastXD   Email FastXD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Tice & Watts Spartan Hunter Mark I, 51# @ 28" 62" Serial Number 10582. I shoot the bow every once in a while and have had it for over 30 years. Just wondering how rare they are and what the value for them is. Do I need to be shooting it or just hang it up.

I also have a Bear Kodiak Magnum Serial # KU45642 AMO 52" 40# and was wondering the same about it

Posts: 3 | From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The market is what it is on any given day, but T&W bows like your Spartan Hunter have a following, especially at 51#, and generally bring $150-200 in good condition. That KMag at 40# is probably going to bring $100 to $150 in good condition.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 912 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I respectfully disagree. I haven't seen any T&W sell for that in the last few years. I sold two Spartan Hunters in the last two years or so and they both went for $350. They are fairly scarce.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 5010 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PAPALAPIN
Contributor 2016
Member # 1384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PAPALAPIN   Author's Homepage   Email PAPALAPIN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot the heck out of it ... T & W are solid bows that have stood the test of time.

Old recurves are worth what some one will pay. no more, no less. Only way to really know is to put it up on e8ay. Bidders will set the price.

--------------------
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow. If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead. The rest is just the delivery system.

Posts: 4221 | From: WHITE, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PAPALAPIN
Contributor 2016
Member # 1384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PAPALAPIN   Author's Homepage   Email PAPALAPIN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow. If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead. The rest is just the delivery system.

Posts: 4221 | From: WHITE, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Denley
Member # 42698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Denley   Email Gerald Denley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the same model bow in an auction on **** two years ago, when prices were better, and paid $247. It had been refinished by a pro and was in excellent shape.

I don't think mangonboat it that far off the mark but the market will decide.

Shoot that bow...that's what it was made for!

--------------------
Peter

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©