JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » The Archer's Company Knife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Archer's Company Knife
Austin Hardin Smith
Member # 46916

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Austin Hardin Smith   Email Austin Hardin Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me anything about the knife that was pictured in The Archer's Company catalog?

-

Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only ever heard of two in collections. One was like new and a second one was well sharpened and was in Texas, owned by a guy named Smith. Is that Smith you?

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2239 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Austin Hardin Smith
Member # 46916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Hardin Smith   Email Austin Hardin Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Smith you're thinking of was my dad. He passed away 2 years ago. Thats interesting to know there is at least one more some where. I'll try to get better pictures of it soon.

-

Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Austin - Sorry to hear about your Father. I talked with him on the phone many times and he bought several broadheads from me as he was an energetic collector at one time. During the late 1990s I went out to dinner with him on one of my trips to Texas.

--------------------

Posts: 2239 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

The other Archers Company Knife that I have seen was found by the late Glenn Parker of Houston Texas. The one Glenn found was in excellent condition. I have most of the printed material produced by the Archers Company as I was fortunate enough to acquire many personal items from the estate of Philip Rouneseville who was the original owner of The Archers Company. The knife only appeared in their catalog briefly. Rouneseville purchased many items directly from manufacturers and put the items in his catalog. Rouneseville was a photographer in the Army (I have his discharge papers). When he lived in Chicago he started the Archers Company, then moved to Louisiana got married, then moved to Pinehurst, NC got divorce, moved back to Chicago and was killed in a car accident. I have a couple of his patents, his love letters to his wife before they were married, countless photographs of him and his wife (a national champion archer), a letter from Saxton Pope to him while Pope was in Africa in 1925, many of the bows, arrows, broadheads, quivers, catalogs, advertisements, but sorry to report no knife.... yet, but I am still looking...

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©