JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Another Tamerlane Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Tamerlane Question
Echo62
Contributor 2015
Member # 36357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echo62   Email Echo62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if the Tamerlane (I have a 68 HC 300) riser is cut centershot or past center?

--------------------
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2nd Timothy 1:7.

Posts: 537 | From: Western NC | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Tamerlane was introduced in 1965 the sight window was cut 1/8" beyond center. it was a center shot bow or either side of center with arrow plate adjustment. I don't think this was ever changed in later years.
Posts: 1015 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Echo62
Contributor 2015
Member # 36357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echo62   Email Echo62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, thanks for your info. I am thinking about trying a hoyt super rest on mine, so I was wondering how much room I had to play with.

--------------------
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2nd Timothy 1:7.

Posts: 537 | From: Western NC | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoyt made a self adhesive pad that could be put behind the super rest to bring it out a little. If you pm your address I have some of those nos that I could send you.
Posts: 1015 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©