Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Associate Sponsor Listing » Todd Thayn - June 6th 2015

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Todd Thayn - June 6th 2015
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29581 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
Assoc Sponsor - 2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Gang!

I have been a member here for a lot of years. I have shared a few stories (me and Gauge) and have been a part of a few TG hunts in the past. These last couple years have found me getting a family and career established and I haven't been around as much I like but hopefully things are starting to level out.

-

For a few years before that I was a custom knife maker. I recently have gotten back into it and have donated a couple knives to the St. Jude auction. I've recieved a PM or two about my knives lately and have not been able to conduct any buisness talk because I wasn't a sponsor. I have changed that now and I would like to tell you all a little bit about myself and my knives and maybe answer some questions that you all may have.

First off, as much as I would like too, I cannot accept any custom orders for knives. I simply do not have enough time to obligate myself to anything but my two girls and my wife. I do this in my spare time which isn't very spare.. In other words, I'm a family man first and I hate owing anybody anything. If I take an order I have to fill it and I do not want to dissapoint with a long wait for "when I can get to it."...

If I have a knife for sale I will post it in the sponsor classifieds and I would be beyond honored for you to own it but I do not have the resources or time to keep track of custom orders to keep a happy customer base. I know this may very well limit my sales/customer base but ethically, I cannot do it.

About the knives and process.

I mostly use L6 steel from large saw blades and hoof rasps and on occasion 440c stainless. I'm a stock removal maker and haven't gotten into forging yet. The blanks are cut using a plasma cutter so the steel retains its high carbon content. I do all of the work including the annealing, heat treating/tempering and the leather work. I do not forge but hopefully that will change one of these days. I am a work in progress as well as my product but I do back it.

All knives come with a my life time warranty. If it breaks I will fix it or replace it. The only thing I do not cover is gross negligence such as prying or batoning with hard objects such as rocks or hammer batons. I also provide a my lifetime free sharpening and cleanup/maintenance service as long as you cover shipping.

Thanks so much for looking.

Some recent works...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1184 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

I'm getting better on the sheath work with each knife and really appreciate the opportunity to be apart of the gang...

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

Posts: 1184 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
Member # 9535

This is a Thayn Custom Knife #2 drop point.

Polished oak, black and red pakka wood scales.
Brass pins.
L6 blued steel.
polished tang.
9 1/4" OAL
3 5/8" cutting surface
5 1/4" grip length
1 1/4" at widest part

Custom fit veg tanned leather, hand stitched sheath.
Fleur De Lis concho
Desert tan
Dagger style

Sheath and knife come with a my lifetime warranty except for gross negligence. Free sharpening and clean up and maintenance minus shipping.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Thanks for looking,

Todd

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©