JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Z GiveAways » Three or Five Day Hog Hunt at Wild Things, SC, for an Active Duty Military Member (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Three or Five Day Hog Hunt at Wild Things, SC, for an Active Duty Military Member
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several TGMM members have combined forces to offer a "Thank You" traditional archery hog hunt for one (1) Active Duty military service member.

You can enter your own name if you are an Active Duty military service member

Or

You can enter the name of someone you know who is an Active Duty military service member.

The hunt will take place at Wild Things, http://www.huntwildthings.com/schedule.htm , during the 2017/2018 hunting season that Andrew has established and posted in the link provided.

Andrew has offered to open the week of Nov 6-12 IF he can get three more hunters to book at least a three day hunt during the same week. This is the week of Veteran's Day.

Regardless, with active duty military schedules and the need to schedule leave, the winner will determine when he or she can attend camp.

Now, before entering a name of someone other than yourself, please get with the entrant to see if he or she could even attend if their name is chosen.

TGMM collected funds for a three day hunt. Andrew graciously offered two additional days for the winner if the winner chooses to make it a five day hunt.

Transportation to Estill, SC is the responsibility of the winner as is obtaining the proper hunting license.

I will be in communication with the winner to coordinate scheduling and other logistical necessities once he or she is chosen.

Please, only enter your name if your are active duty OR confer with the active duty member you wish to enter before entering his or her name.

I served in the USAF from 1983 until 1988 and was stationed in Alaska, the perfect hunting grounds. But, as a young airman and junior NCO I was never able to take full advantage of the hunting opportunities because of lack of funds, no saved leave (both my daughters were born while I was serving and ate up lots of leave), etc. Hunting while serving an active duty tour is difficult. That is why this is for active duty service members. While we certainly respect and cherish our Guard and Reserve members, this hunt opportunity is for Active Duty only, those who signed up for a two, four, or six year hitch in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard. It is for commissioned and non- commissioned/enlisted grades.

The winner will be drawn on July 31st by someone other than myself (I will try to talk my Marine vet son-in-law into drawing the name). The drawing will take place by lottery with names written on an individual piece of paper and drawn from a container. The drawing will be video recorded using a tablet or smartphone. If I can find a way to post it to youtube, I will provide a link to the drawing.

Any questions, please post them here rather than by PM so as to provide complete transparency.

Anyone can enter any name, as long as the stipulations noted above are met.

Which are:

1. Active duty

2. The winner can make the hunt, barring any unforseen emergency, such as deployment, or other commitment related to their service.

3. Recurve or longbow only. (Wild Things is trad only)

If, for some reason, the winner learns that he or she cannot attend, then we will work with that person to the best of our abilities to make this hunt happen.

Good luck.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7282 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you would like to hunt during this week (Nov 6-12), please let me know by posting here. Andrew has 8 bunks. He would like to have at least four attend IF this week is chosen by the winner.

The winner calls the shots.

I am in for at least a three day hunt with the winner if this week is chosen.

Two more commitments are needed to make this week an option. No deposit necessary until we can confirm if this week will work.

--------------------

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7282 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 684 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kamu
Member # 16180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamu   Email Kamu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hit 20 yrs active duty Army currently station at Fort Jackson South Carolina. I would love this hunt but but more important than to all that put this together.

--------------------
US Army Infantryman
OIF,OEF Vet
Praise be to the Lord, My Rock, Who Trains my hands for war, My fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress, My strong Mold and My Deliverer, My shield, In whom I take refuge, Who subdues peoples under me.

Posts: 53 | From: Fort Jackson | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

My father took basic training there in 56.

Your name is in the running, Sir.

Thank you for your service.

--------------------

Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bud you can put me down for that week.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2314 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Thom can if the winner selects that week.

--------------------

Motivatordan
Member # 46403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motivatordan   Email Motivatordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel Blanchard can if selected. Stationed currently at Ft Stewart, GA
Posts: 6 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Thanks Dan!

And thank you for your service!

--------------------

sticksnstones
Contributor 2017
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see we are starting to get some entries coming in! Best of luck to you gentlemen, and a heartfelt thank you for your service!

Rick, I'll get you on the list and give you a debrief after I return from my October hunt.
Thom

Posts: 1512 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Thom!

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2314 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Bump. Spread the word.

Thank you to our servicemen and women!

--------------------

Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Bumping again.

--------------------

Recurve Addict
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Recurve Addict   Email Recurve Addict   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SSgt Mark Colangelo and SSgt Brian Spears (also a tradgang member)...we are both stationed at Offutt AFB flying on the E-4B aka Doomsday Plane...count both or either of us in! Thanks for this!

--------------------
Mark C.

Bear Super Kodiak LH 50# @ 28
BHA NWTF DU RMEF
SSgt, USAF Active Duty

Posts: 111 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2017
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see two more entries, thank you for your service!
Thom

Posts: 1512 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©