JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » First legal PA porcupine with long bow (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First legal PA porcupine with long bow
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to PA DNR (I called), I am the first to take a legal PA Porcupine with the longbow. Link to story after pic.

-

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=108867

--------------------
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Posts: 4003 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thumper Dunker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thumper Dunker   Email Thumper Dunker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats pretty cool .Are you going to try and eat it I think they taste good .

--------------------
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Posts: 3975 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Jerry.

Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1686 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coonbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coonbait   Author's Homepage   Email Coonbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I told you that you might be a star! Now if you could get the Pope & Young Club to officially score that bugger you could be #1 in that book to! We could all say we knew you when. LOL
Glenn

Posts: 1148 | From: New Alexandria, PA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eating was ok, a little unusual. DNR did say they don't really keep track of this sort of thing because you don't have to report them. But since I called, it is the first they know of.

--------------------
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Posts: 4003 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSUBowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSUBowhunter   Email PSUBowhunter       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. I killed one with my recurve during the first week.

Did you eat it? If so, how was it?

Posts: 396 | From: SW Pa | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might make for a cool full body mount
Posts: 2357 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats.

You sling him over your shoulder like a turkey ? [scared]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16837 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Rowland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Rowland   Email Barry Rowland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Jerry!

--------------------
Barry

Posts: 288 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

That will make a great looking skull. What do you do with the hide?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2407 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second the full body mount
Posts: 2357 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potoo
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potoo   Email Potoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son ran one over a couple of months ago...and got a flat tire! I can't imagine trying to skin one or tan it. But eating it would be 'only' if I had to.

--------------------
Like it says on the can...'concentrate'

Posts: 31 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P&Y Porky, eh?
We cooked one up once, but ate the beef first and never got around to even a taste. Mostly back legs as I recall. Like turkey drumsticks.
The quills are a big thing with First Nations, quill work, looks great on a knife sheath.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2201 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©