JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » 2011 Kentucky Season (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2011 Kentucky Season
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an awesome season. I am almost jealous, almost. Great shooting.
Posts: 4304 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ti-guy
Contributor 2011
Member # 20125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ti-guy   Email ti-guy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice TJ! Wish we had more bucks like that here!

--------------------
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Posts: 1849 | From: Lac St-Paul,Qc,Canada | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jwilliam
Contributor 2017
Member # 5307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jwilliam   Email Jwilliam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tom !!! [clapper] You had one heck of a season. [Not Worthy] Bet your loving that new SXT. [thumbsup]

Bill

--------------------
60" Zipper SXT 52@28"
62" Zipper Nitro 52@28"
62" Dwyer Dauntless 52@28"
60" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"
64" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"

Posts: 3304 | From: Erie, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ishoot4thrills
Contributor 2014
Member # 18541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishoot4thrills   Author's Homepage   Email ishoot4thrills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tom on an outstanding bow season! Awesome stuff right there.

--------------------
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Posts: 4197 | From: Cecilia, Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go!

Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shooting!
Posts: 2510 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,your dedication is paying off [clapper]
They are really big bodied deer!

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9107 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike70
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike70   Email mike70   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great season! Congrats! [clapper]
Posts: 113 | From: Fulks Run, Virginia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper]

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4101 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Sanders:
Congrats TJ. Man you must have a honey of a hole place to hunt, see and take the deer that you do. Good on you though.

Tony, I am blessed to be able to hunt the private farms that I do. I am well aware of it and think of it often. Any of you guys could kill the deer I do here on these places. Our country is set up for hunting deer. Lots of Ag fields with funnels of woods. Lots of food to make the deer healthy and for the most part we let the little ones grow. Our land is not flat it has hills and hollers that deer can take sanctuary in during gun seasons and grow older. We have lots of water and thick cover. All conditions to make for a great deer herd.

Our Wildlife Dept has also done a fantastic job in resurrecting our deer herd. When I began bow hunting in 1986 we would go months without seeing an antler and maybe weeks without seeing a single deer. Today on most the places I hunt if you sit a stand once and don't see a deer you have had a bad sit. There are farms that friends of mine own that if you don't see 10 deer per sit you have had a bad hunt. Kentucky's deer herd is very diverse though. We have counties that still have very few deer due to very limited agriculture.

I do realize I am blessed with good places and have friends with good places to hunt. The hunting part is great but to be able to share what we have with great friends is the best part of all. As I age the campfire times have much more meaning to me and that is the part I wish there was more of.

[campfire]

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TJ !!!

What a great season and some great deer!!!

Still can't believe the size of that doe!!!

[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TJ...somehow I don't believe anyone could kill those deer, but nice of you to be humble!

Those are some BIG deer....you certainly know how to get it done...congrats!....Ryan

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 2048 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, great pics and even better shot placements! Great job and a fantastic season to you!

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4365 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goke
2017 Contributor
Member # 13244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goke   Email Goke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TJ, Congrats. Love to look at the pics. Don't kid yourself, not just anyone could do it. Take care and great job on a great season.
Posts: 912 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TLANE
Contributor 2016
Member # 83

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TLANE   Email TLANE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Season!
Posts: 339 | From: SOUTHERN WEST VIRGINIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©