JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » Finally.....with the longbow!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally.....with the longbow!!!
buzzcut 125
Member # 26979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buzzcut 125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally connected with my Bob Lee longbow. I had been trying to sell this bow because i just didnt feel it when i shot it. Well that has all changed, i decided to take my recurve down and put it up until I killed with my longbow. I spent alot of time in the yard and sent a ton of arrows downrange, and finally i found my rythm with the longbow. This bow is super smooth and silent. after a rough start, missing a doe a few times and losing a doe due to not letting her lay long enough i struck with the bow a few days ago. I decided to go to my number 1 hog stand and boy was it a good decision. About an hr after the feeder spun i had decided they wern't coming so i shot at a redbird under the feeder. No sooner than i let the arrow fly i heard a pig grunt. I looked up and a huge boar was 50 yrds and closing. He came in but before he gave me a shot he smelt the arrow and ran off. It was then i noticed he wasn't alone, there were pigs coming from all over (probably around 50 or more). i heard a twig snap behind me and looked to see a bunch of good eater sized pigs coming in. I picked the one i wanted and as soon as i got a good shot i let the arrow fly, it found its mark, the next thing i know is my pink fletchings were buried to the hide and burning through the woods. I knew it was a perfect shot and here is the rest of the story in pics....

about halfway down the blood trail
 -
here he lays
 -
back home with the bacon
 -

Posts: 45 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chisler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chisler   Email Chisler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Buzzcut! Good job sticking with it. Beautiful shot.
Is that one of those "capa cubra" (sp?) dogs?

Posts: 299 | From: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buzzcut 125
Member # 26979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buzzcut 125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No she is full blood Mountain Fiest. I am working her to be a blood dog. Around the house everyone bowhunts and every year lots of people claim they shot a giant and they cant find him, either a bad shot or just tough tracking conditions. It makes me sick to lose a deer or anything for that matter, so i hope to have her finished for next season.
Posts: 45 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GREASEMAN
Contributor 2015
Member # 15789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GREASEMAN   Email GREASEMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats !
Chock one up for the Long Bow!!

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 1392 | From: SPRINGBORO,OH 45066 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
way to go.
Posts: 4304 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shot sir..............
,,,,,Sam,,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2468 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buzzcut 125
Member # 26979

Thanks fellas, after killing a few with my recurve i just had to get it done with the longbow. I am 100% confident with my recurve but it is nice to know i can also pick up the longbow and get the job done.
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flippnsticks
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flippnsticks   Email flippnsticks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats [clapper] [clapper]
Posts: 451 | From: East,Texas | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. Is that a Catahoula pup?

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buzzcut 125
Member # 26979

quote:
Originally posted by buzzcut 125:
No she is full blood Mountain Fiest. I am working her to be a blood dog. Around the house everyone bowhunts and every year lots of people claim they shot a giant and they cant find him, either a bad shot or just tough tracking conditions. It makes me sick to lose a deer or anything for that matter, so i hope to have her finished for next season.

Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] Nice shot and good looking pup.
Posts: 2305 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the longbow pig!!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javi
Contributor 2012
Member # 29679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javi   Email Javi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, nice piggage.

--------------------
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Posts: 795 | From: Waco, Texas | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowlogan
Contributor 2017
Member # 25677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowlogan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shot! Good luck finishing your dog, will be very helpful to have!

--------------------
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Posts: 1054 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©