JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » Blessed Year (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Blessed Year
ross.bowhunter
Member # 22617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ross.bowhunter   Email ross.bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a year I have had. First I got to be with my 9 yr old while he killed his first deer with a compound. Then I got to be with him while he killed his first buck during rifle season. If that wasn't being blessed enough, I was fortunate to take a nice deer with my longbow this past Thursday. I had been hunting this spot off and on the past few days and seeing a lot of deer and even a nice buck. I had been getting several pics of this deer as well as some nice 8 points and knew it was a matter of time before one of them slipped up. Thursday morning was no different than the past few days. Started seeing deer constantly. I had a small 8 come in and gave me every opportunity if I had wanted him. I had some deer around me when I looked up and seen a yearling coming in. I looked back behind her and a bigger 8 was coming. I had my mind set to take him if given the chance. I had no more than had that thought when I noticed movement behind the 8 and this deer was behind him. They stayed out of range for what seemed like forever before this deer finally made his way in to feed. He came in perfectly and at 16 yds I sent a broadhead straight through him. It kind of surprised me to see my arrow disappear completely. Shooting a longbow, I never thought I would get a passthrough like that. What made it even better is I got to watch him fall within sight. I even got my wife to help me load him, which is a big deal for her. I also want to thank my good friend TD for the skinning job(lost a bet),future mount and most of all getting me into traditional bow hunting.
I can't thank the Father above enough for allowing me to take such a beautiful animal.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/rossbowhunternwa/IMG_1314.jpg

--------------------
Striker TD
A&H ACS CX
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Psalm 127

Posts: 50 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Beautiful deer sir! Congratulations! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7094 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great buck congrats!

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildgame
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wildgame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!

--------------------
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Posts: 1039 | From: kentucky | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats great deer.
Posts: 4304 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool [thumbsup]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Greenwald
Contributor 2017
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Greenwald   Email Todd Greenwald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck, love the character in the rack!

--------------------
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

Posts: 197 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great buck! I love that right side contrasted with the typical left!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5831 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limbolt
Contributor 2016
Member # 15667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limbolt   Email limbolt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one,congrats.Hope your new year is as good as the old one. [clapper] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 1238 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin feathers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin feathers   Email smokin feathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats on a good looken buck!!

--------------------
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 669 | From: shelbyville tx | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie B.
Contributor 2015
Member # 26120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie B.   Email Bernie B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great looking buck! Congratulations!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Posts: 2389 | From: Iowa | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck
Posts: 2357 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice deer right there

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4313 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flippnsticks
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flippnsticks   Email flippnsticks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice [archer2]
Posts: 451 | From: East,Texas | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©