JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker
smokin feathers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin feathers   Email smokin feathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job and story!! way to get the mojo flowing and blood on the ground.

--------------------
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 669 | From: shelbyville tx | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations again, RC. I'm proud of you! [goldtooth] [campfire]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2407 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huskyarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huskyarcher   Email huskyarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Way to put some Mojo on that thing before you send it up my way in October!

--------------------
------------
Dalton Lewis
PBS Associate Member
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Posts: 1422 | From: Ashe County, North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RC
Awesome way to start it off!!! Good going! South will be impressed! He should be heading home from his backcountry mulie trip any day now.

Aloha!
Ryan

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome Robert! Congrats bud [clapper]

You are truely one that "walks the walk" [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornagainbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 21829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bornagainbowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bornagainbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ALRIGHT!!

She got a notch in her belt already! Great going RC! Judging from you storys and pics here on TG, you must be a pig killing machine.

God Bless,
Nathan

--------------------
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Posts: 1958 | From: Crow Mnt., Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fantastic start for Hope!!!

Great job RC!!

That old warrior is a prize for sure [Smile]

[campfire]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took "Hope" out for pig hunt/deer scouting trip yesterday. I went to Big Hammock WMA on the Altamaha river . Its about 20 miles from the house and the place where I killed my very first pig.
The River is very low and the swamps have very little water. I walked 6 hours and never turned on my thermacel. I was covering ground more than pig hunting. deer season comes in this saturday. I have to work Sat-Mon but was hoping to find something hot to hunt over on tuesday.Mainly Persimmons or maybe a feeding water oak.
Spider webs are everywhere this time of year....

-

Posed Hope on this log that has been laying in the bottom of a slew for no telling how long...

-

The slew has been dry a while usually it takes a bit of wading to get around in here.

-

Posts: 4947 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Came out of the slew and across a ridge on a purty good game trail..

-

-

A good place to sit if I don`t find some food on the dirt. I would much rather sit over a feed tree of some sort because it will often narrow down the hunting time to evening or morning. Trails in thickts like this could be used at anytime so an all day sit sometimes is what it takes. Found a swamp Chestnut that will be worth another look come late October..

-

And made through to the River. 2.8 miles from the truck. ..

-

Looked across on the edge of the Sandbar and 17 turkeys came out and started doing turkey stuff...

I got a poor camera .They are up in the grass..

-

Posts: 4947 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Angled into the wind to head out and came across this "Boar" tree..

-

Found a mess of fuzzy worms/soon to be winged critters...
 -

And found some hope for "Hope" on next Tuesday when I`m off work. Found a persimmon dropping decent and was already covered in deer tracks and had been hit this morning...I jumped two deer and went to see what they were doing is how I found the tree.Its only 3/4 a mile in with a good tree to climb 10 yards from the drop line and has another persimmon 15 yards away starting to drop.Can`t wait.RC

-

RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Headed over to Horse Creek WMA for some scouting this evening. Been seeing lots of squirrels so I`m gonna take some squirrel arrows and try to bag a bushytail while I`m after`m.RC
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RC you sure know how to make the most of your world.

Thank you for filling my afternoon at the office with a walk thru your country [Smile]

Oh well back to work............

[campfire]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bivyhunter
SPONSOR
Member # 15375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bivyhunter   Author's Homepage   Email Bivyhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats RC! I really enjoyed the stories, looks like you are getting to spend a lot of time in the field with the bow! I'm glad you're enjoying it--kind of like watching one of your kids go out into the world.

--------------------
http://stalkerstickbows.com/

Posts: 492 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoCams
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoCams   Email NoCams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is going to get bloody under them persimmion trees real soon if I know RC...... ? Great pics and story tellin bud ! Keep it coming.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Posts: 2663 | From: TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

I was able to get out yesterday evening for a hunt behind my Uncles peanut field. Its about 10 acres and the deer and Turkeys are wearing it out . I don`t like to hunt "field " deer because they are hard to narrow down. You see deer nearly everytime but getting one close is tuff and if you ain`t careful you`ll kill a week on them with no blood. I`ve lost two weeks hunting field deer before without a shot playing musical stands with them.
Yesterday a few deer came by to far. I did`nt see`m but heard them and since I had stuff to do today I decided to hunt them again this evening instead of hunting persimmons in the swamp its a 20 mile drive.The field is a mile.
Got in the stand...sweated down and got as comfortable as a fella can 15 feet in a tree in a loc-on. I did move it a bit toward the deer from before and still kept a crosswind.
A good bit before dark I heard deer coming. they usually show up in the field at dark so I`m a good 150 yards in the woods. A big doe gets sideways at 16 steps which is a long shot for me and I see yellow feathers go through about right...

I sit on hoping for another shot but did`nt see anymore.

Waited a bit and took up the trail...

-

Looks purty good. Its hot and I saw the arrow go where I was looking so I get on the trail right away...

-

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©