JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » OREGON - Traditional Archers of Oregon » Late season Blacktail (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Late season Blacktail
Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tree Killer   Email Tree Killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody looking forward to the late season?

I didn't get an elk even though I had many close encounters, so I guess it's going to have to be a rutty nutty buck for the crockpot if I want meat in the freezer this winter.

Gotta get out and hang a couple treestands, have several locations in mind.

Dug out my rattlers yesterday and wiped the dust off them, they sound just as sweet as ever.

-

--------------------
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Posts: 1433 | From: Sandy, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Robins
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Robins   Email Brad Robins       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next year, next year.

Got a small buck last weekend with my rifle. Next year, it's archerys turn.

Good luck Ron and crew! I'll judge if there is a fun contest!

Brad

--------------------
TEAM HEBO

Posts: 161 | From: McMinnville, OR | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
portugeejn
Member # 12414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for portugeejn   Email portugeejn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making plans with a couple of friends. I am looking forward to getting out a bit.

RonP

Posts: 1021 | From: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OrTrail
Member # 30913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrTrail   Email OrTrail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's for sure. Nursed a football knee most of the first season and it was too hot and dry anyway. Can't wait for those cold wet days of Nov. With all the help here on TradGang my accuracy has gone far beyond what I thought possible.

--------------------
Howatt Hunter #55
Bear Kodiac Magnum #72
Samick #60

Posts: 28 | From: Sutherlin Oregon | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
portugeejn
Member # 12414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for portugeejn   Email portugeejn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like the archery season being a little earlier, as I don't like standing out in the rain as much as I used to--but this year it was too nice!
Posts: 1021 | From: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tree Killer   Email Tree Killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been doing quite a bit of snooping around the last couple weeks. I finally found the first serious buck rubs of the year yesterday. [Smile]

-

-

--------------------

Posts: 1433 | From: Sandy, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very promising TK. I am heading out this next week to take a look around. Arrows are tuned and shooting great. Cooler nights and the feeling of fall weather in the air! Love it.

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Posts: 7618 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
portugeejn
Member # 12414

The feeling of the weather change is one of the few things I miss about having the archery season start at the end of August. It doesn't "feel" like fall yet.... My over 50 joints do like the warmer weather though--just not as warm (hot) as it was this year.

RonP

snag
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SNOWING!!! How's it look up your way TK? Down on the valley floor this morning it wet snow and obviously not sticking. But up higher I bet it is a winter wonderland. Need to get out and head higher!

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Posts: 7618 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FJTOYMAN
SPONSOR
Member # 8878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FJTOYMAN   Email FJTOYMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weather is killing me! I had my nose roto rooted Monday. I thought I would heal up for the opener but no luck.
Post up your pics and stories. I'm stuck inside looking out and this looks like prime blacktail weather.

--------------------
www.addictivearchery.com

Posts: 528 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tree Killer   Email Tree Killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went up and photographed some bucks on a winter range Saturday. Saw 20+ bucks, but only got pics of a few small ones.

Have an inch or so of snow in my backyard and 26* this morning. Sat in the treestand behind my house till 10:30. A buck tailgating a doe in frozen leaves and crunchy snow makes a lot of noise! They didn't get near my stand though.

Been getting buck pics behind the house, but all at night. Just checked the Tcam, sure enough I had several bucks in eating apples Friday during shooting hours.

Had a good sized bear come in last week, he has a white V on his chest.

Have lots of pics recently, just haven't edited them and loaded on photobucket.

--------------------

Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

My view from the treestand behind my house...

-

Nothing came in this morning, but it looks like I had plenty of activity during the night. Headed back out for the afternoon.

--------------------

FJTOYMAN
SPONSOR
Member # 8878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FJTOYMAN   Email FJTOYMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a great picture TK

--------------------
www.addictivearchery.com

Posts: 528 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlacktailBowhunter
Contributor 2018
Member # 15933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacktailBowhunter   Email BlacktailBowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pumped for sure. I broke my foot racing BMX (bicycle moto cross) on August 14th, so I was limited on hunting the early season. I have been out hunting the last few dayd, butit is more of a scouting venture than hunting as I am in a new area.

I have one stand up and 5 cameras out now with two more cams going out in the next couple of days. Hoping to get them dialed in by the first or second week of December.

Good luck to you guys.

Paul

--------------------
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Posts: 981 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OrTrail
Member # 30913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrTrail   Email OrTrail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only been out a couple times with this knee about the consistancy of jell-o. Went in a couple miles and climbed 1500ft. Then on the way out my morning tracks were covered with two groups of doe tracks with buck tracks on top of them. Timing is everything! I don't care if I don't loose an arrow, I haven't enjoyed hunting this much in a long time. Thanks Tree Killer, and BlacktailBowhunter (brighteyes/ortrail)

--------------------
Howatt Hunter #55
Bear Kodiac Magnum #72
Samick #60

Posts: 28 | From: Sutherlin Oregon | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©