JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2012 » 1st Trad Kill! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1st Trad Kill!
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SCTrophyHnter   Email SCTrophyHnter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally gettin over my Target panic! This is what I have to show for it! First ever kill with my longbow, under a bird feeder in a wooded area in my back yard.

--------------------
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. - Genesis 21:20 KJV.
Haywood

Posts: 16 | From: SC | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SCTrophyHnter   Email SCTrophyHnter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shot was about 10-15 yards.

--------------------
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. - Genesis 21:20 KJV.
Haywood

Posts: 16 | From: SC | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane C
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane C   Email Shane C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any pictures?

--------------------
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Posts: 425 | From: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Oh of course I forgot!
 -

--------------------
Haywood

SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Here it is, I think I got it to work this time.
 -

--------------------
Haywood

SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Tred Barta LongBow from 3 rivers at 45# at 28". Trad only carbon shafts from them as well with their screw in field points.

--------------------
Haywood

MCNSC
Contributor 2017
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCNSC   Author's Homepage   Email MCNSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you made a great shot [Not Worthy]

--------------------
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Posts: 1731 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monsterchelli
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monsterchelli   Email monsterchelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
" Out of a mans heart, The issues of life flow"

Black Widow PSR-V
47# @ 27
Howard Hill Montana
50# @ 27

Posts: 159 | From: Paulding, GA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sequoia
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sequoia   Email Sequoia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great shootin. that is a small target
Posts: 520 | From: Bonsall, CA ~ Camp Lejeune, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

The small targets are always the easiest. The way I look at it, is that On a big target there is more room to take your eye off the bullseye. On a small Target there is very little to focus on, I can miss by a half inch on a squirrel but half a foot or more on a big one.

--------------------
Haywood

RUSTY1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RUSTY1   Email RUSTY1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess the arrows are working for you!!!

--------------------
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 799 | From: Greenville,SC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

Yep thanks to you for some awesome arrows!

--------------------
Haywood

SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! Nice shooting. My "first" was a squirel as well.

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bansheewins
Contributor 2013
Member # 23433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bansheewins   Author's Homepage   Email bansheewins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shooting. I have still been unable to hit one of those critters. HAHA

--------------------
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Posts: 437 | From: OHIO | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCTrophyHnter
Member # 36181

I may have missed a couple of times before getting it [goldtooth]

--------------------
Haywood

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©