JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2012 » KY Double Droptine (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: KY Double Droptine
wapiti1997
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti1997   Author's Homepage   Email wapiti1997   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time... Herway XRTD 50# longbow.

-
 -

I had deer all over me this morning. In the dark as soon as I sat I had deer munching acorns nearby. As it got light I could tell there were several young bucks. I tried to draw on 3 different does this morning, my intent was to kill a doe, hunting a stand that was good for the wind I had this morning, and you never know what might come by.

The does were close, I just couldn't get a good angle or something was in the way. I drew my bow at least 5 times without it feeling "right".

I'd just sat down to get comfortable after an hour of twisting, turning, anticipating a shot and being pumped full of adrenaline. Another doe was approaching 50 yards in front of me, a twig snaps behind me... I turn to see hanging velvet, and a no question "shooter" 15 yards behind me. I stand, ease my longbow off the limb it was hanging on and tunr to my left. He was gone! I could still hear him, but now he was on the other side of the tree, I turn completely around in the stand, to be able to shoot off the right side. I draw, he's walking slowly, quartering away. I anchor and release, the arrow disappears behind his ribs, a little far back I think...
He didn't flinch, kick or run, simply kept walking the same pace he was, I knew I hit him... He got out about 45-50 yards and turned broadside, head down like he was eating.. It was thick but I had to try another arrow, I draw, anchor and release an arrow that hit him in the heart! He took two steps and fell over!
The first shot was lethal, exiting tight to the offside shoulder. I did not realize the deer had droptines, until he was flopping at 50 yards...

He was the 11th buck that walked by me this morning, and he has 11 measurable points, so I'll call him the double 11!

--------------------
P&Y and B&C Measurer
RMEF Life Member
UBK Life Member

Posts: 165 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quackersnacker
Member # 9714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quackersnacker   Author's Homepage   Email quackersnacker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic!!

--------------------
"Ain't nothin, never just right when ya wants ta do whatcha wants ta do. So ya best just go ahead and do it anyway" -Rancid Crabtree

Posts: 79 | From: Boring, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SKITCH
Contributor 2014
Member # 36382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKITCH   Email SKITCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a pretty good morning!! Congrats!!

--------------------
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered"
Lincoln

Posts: 1012 | From: Puyallup, WA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowlogan
Contributor 2017
Member # 25677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowlogan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome!!! Congrats on a great buck!!!!!!

--------------------
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Posts: 1060 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Harris   Email D Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Congrats!!!
Posts: 619 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluegrassbowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluegrassbowhunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Joe.He's a "DANDY"...

--------------------
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Posts: 1454 | From: Harrodsburg, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti1997
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti1997   Author's Homepage   Email wapiti1997   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone! A special day for me for sure!

This bow is really sweet! I had him make it from KY native woods. The riser is red elm, walnut, and persimmon. The limbs are KY coffeetree. I had a piece of a KY elk shed put into the riser.

It's my 3rd season with it and I've taken 12 deer with it so far..

--------------------
P&Y and B&C Measurer
RMEF Life Member
UBK Life Member

Posts: 165 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masham Man
2017 Contributor
Member # 17870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masham Man   Email Masham Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! That is an awesome buck. Congrats!

--------------------
Daniel

Posts: 736 | From: Pawnee, OK | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy1
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy1   Email happy1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a very nice buck! [thumbsup]

--------------------
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 873 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one hell of a buck! congrats!

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1801 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dry Creek
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dry Creek   Email Dry Creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice deer!!!
Congrats

--------------------
58" Bear Super Grizzly 45@28
60" TallTines 44@28

Posts: 556 | From: Central Mississippi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sequoia
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sequoia   Email Sequoia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50 yard heart shot, Dang! Your Bheads must be really sharp if he didnt even notice. cool

good deal man, congrats

Posts: 520 | From: Bonsall, CA ~ Camp Lejeune, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti1997
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18909

I think he was already about to collapse form the first shot, which was a perfect liver lung hit, no rumen.

--------------------
P&Y and B&C Measurer
RMEF Life Member
UBK Life Member

Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That thing is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Congrats on a fine buck with GREAT double drops!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11799 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Moly , Congratulations!!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6966 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©