JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2012 » First trad buck...with the St. Jude 2013 Hill Country Cree Recurve (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: First trad buck...with the St. Jude 2013 Hill Country Cree Recurve
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received the 2013 Faith on Sept 4th. The NC opener was Sept 8. I was able to get some GT Trad 35/55s flying well out of her with broadheads.

Opening morning I got into my Rockingham County stand a little later than I had planned, but by 6am I was settled in and waited for daylight, which was already appearing in the east. Not 20 minutes later I heard footsteps behind my stand. Soon a figure appeared and it was a very quiet nice young buck with a companion I never did see fully. The young buck went by me and presented a good shot opportunity, but the second deer still being behind me I did not take it for fear of being seen while drawing. The young buck went past my stand but distant voices from a nearby farm caused him to make a u-turn. He came right back to the opening and presented another close up broadside shot. The next thing I knew I had drawn and released and was watching him run away. I knew I hit him as I heard hair being cut as the arrow struck. I do not remember seeing the arrow's impact point. I heard him run and crash and then silence. I looked at my cell phone clock. It was 6:37am.

A 30 minute wait and a sparse blood trail afterwards eventually led me to my first traditional buck. He was down in roughly 75 yards.
I was very fortunate to have had the events play out as they did. The Hill Country Cree recurve certainly did its part. It's a fast little lightweight bow pulling 61@28.

I was the first one to bring in a deer to the processor I use. He was amazed that someone still hunts with a recurve. I told him he should visit TradGang.com.

-

-

-

As I was dragging him out I stopped to retrieve some dropped gear. I turned back and saw this. I thought it was a pretty cool sight with the sunrise glowing through the wooded plot so I snapped a shot.

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7283 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
varmint101
Contributor 2017
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint101   Email varmint101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome congrats!

--------------------
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 2345 | From: Freetown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats again, Bud!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Bud, fine job.

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4184 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice [thumbsup]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1735 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Sanders
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Sanders   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your first Trad Buck. Hopefully more will continue to fall to your arrows.
Posts: 755 | From: Shady Side, MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, congrats!

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bansheewins
Contributor 2013
Member # 23433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bansheewins   Author's Homepage   Email bansheewins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and great looking bow.

--------------------
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Posts: 437 | From: OHIO | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh Perdue
Contributor 2015
Member # 22792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh Perdue   Email Josh Perdue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job
Posts: 762 | From: Oak Hill, WV | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrownA5
2017 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrownA5   Email BrownA5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

--------------------
62" Morrison Cheyenne 48# @ 28"
60" Black Widow PAX 50# @ 28"
60" Marriah Thermal 53# @ 28"

Posts: 2554 | From: New York | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Nicely told.

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5831 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djohnson
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djohnson   Email djohnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! You will never forget this moment. [clapper]

--------------------
John 3:16

Posts: 715 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fritz
Contributor 2010
Member # 2879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fritz   Email Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [thumbsup]

--------------------
God is good, all the time!!!

Posts: 1552 | From: Merryville,LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Good stuff.

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©