JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2012 » Kentucky Tasty! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Kentucky Tasty!
NoCams
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoCams   Email NoCams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I looked here TJ, missed it almost. Mason has a el cheapo metal detector he got one year for his B day. Get you one and go find that arrow bud. We have not lost an arrow yet. Paid for itself many times over with some arrows costing around $15 each it don't take long.

We kept some of the hams and shoulder whole from a very small doe last year and yes, makes some awesome BBQ !!! Wife's Uncle has a BBQ store and we simply drop them off and eat em up, MMMMMM!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Posts: 2663 | From: TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea Jimmy. Got a very funny story for ya on my ol' Dad. Before he got too old to bowhunt anymore he was aging and had trouble setting up treestands, so I set him up in a alfalfa field corner one year and on opening day he went in and shot and missed a buck. All he kept talking about was that he was ok with the miss but "The dang arrow slid under the grass and I can't find it". Man that drove him nuts. When I went back there to retrieve the stand the next week he had taking the mower back there and scalped down the alfalfa in a long straight fanned out path trying to find that arrow. Hahaha. I about fell over I was laughing so hard.

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kykiller
Contributor 2014
Member # 7172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kykiller   Email kykiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good deal Tom, sounds like a great afternoon.

--------------------
Do or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 181 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoyt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoyt   Email Hoyt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Shoot'n!
 -

Posts: 1448 | From: illinois | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice doe,congrats..

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitbull
Contributor 2014
Member # 18540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbull   Email pitbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1397 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep that is a Tasty one Congratulations

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2682 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrownA5
2017 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrownA5   Email BrownA5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

--------------------
62" Morrison Cheyenne 48# @ 28"
60" Black Widow PAX 50# @ 28"
60" Marriah Thermal 53# @ 28"

Posts: 2554 | From: New York | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job. I use one of those chairs in my turkey blind. Works great.RC
Posts: 4947 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobby Urban
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobby Urban   Email Bobby Urban   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!

I kept looking at the blind photo and wondering why the bow was hanging way over there?? Then I realized your a righty - or I'm a lefty as it may be - Doh??

Looks like a great spot to enjoy the woods from but I would like the chair turned around please :-)

Bob Urban

Posts: 1308 | From: Fowlerville, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsalt
Contributor 2015
Member # 27707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tsalt   Author's Homepage   Email Tsalt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. I should have a doe in the freezer too but I sent the dang arrow over her back! You drilled her the way it's supposed to be done! congrats!

--------------------
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One." Genesis 49:24

Posts: 1129 | From: Fort Gibson, Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsman247
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsman247   Email huntsman247   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, that plate looks delish
Posts: 139 | From: Washington | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jwilliam
Contributor 2017
Member # 5307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jwilliam   Email Jwilliam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tom !!! Way to break in the new Nitro [thumbsup]

Bill

--------------------
60" Zipper SXT 52@28"
62" Zipper Nitro 52@28"
62" Dwyer Dauntless 52@28"
60" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"
64" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"

Posts: 3304 | From: Erie, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great blind! Congrats!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5831 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ti-guy
Contributor 2011
Member # 20125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ti-guy   Email ti-guy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice set up! Congrats! [thumbsup]

--------------------
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Posts: 1849 | From: Lac St-Paul,Qc,Canada | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©