JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2003 » AZ bear hunt.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AZ bear hunt.
Chippy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chippy   Email Chippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went bear hunting in the AZ rim country this past weekend with a couple of friends, Eric and Paul, and without their help would have never had found or had the opportunity to take such a great bear. Anyway here are the details, while stillhunting for bear, I saw a beautiful jet black bear, the problem was he was almost directly downwind from me, as I tried to set up a shot it winded me and ran away. I decided to try and cut him off at the pass, and moved a couple of ridges over and stopped. I began glassing and immediately spotted this chocolate boar moving my way, I only had to glide forward a few steps next to a small pine. The bear came at me, and at 20 yds ( paced off after the shot) stopped and gave me a broadside shot, the magnus tipped easton carbon arrow from my 54# fedora recurve passed completely thru both lungs, the bear ran 102 paces before collapsing in a canyon. It took mere seconds for this to happen. This is without doubt the highlight of my 2003 season.

-

[ February 12, 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Meathook ]

Posts: 318 | From: Gilbert AZ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Sweeney
Member # 1327

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Paul Sweeney   Email Paul Sweeney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bear! Congratulations. That would be one of my highlights this year for sure.
Posts: 2 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©