JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2003 » Congrats on Zach Smith's first deer! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Congrats on Zach Smith's first deer!
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

Very, very nice. Tell ZACH he did a great job and congratulations.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6980 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Leemans
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 79

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leemans   Email Tom Leemans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zach - Congratulations! I'm a little jealous that your quiver has a greater variety of arras than mine. [Wink]

--------------------
Got wood? - Tom

Posts: 4847 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Zach [thumbsup] Great picture! Good to see a bowhunter smiling (and you have every reason to be)

Best eatin deer there is. Button bucks are God's gift to bowhunters!

Congrats young man!

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dean Torges
Charter Member
Member # 757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Torges   Author's Homepage   Email Dean Torges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say I'm proud as all get out. I've watched Zach and his brothers and sister grow from biddy things, watched their interest in archery from the outset, and watched as their mom and dad nurtured them. Zach almost won the clout shoot at Mojam with a rattan bow several years ago. I've watched him drill arrows at the butts with the nonchalance of an aboriginal born with a bow in one hand and an arrow in the other. It's a close and beautiful family. Encouragements all around, and congratulations one and all.

--------------------
"Carve a little wood, pull a few strings, and sometimes magic happens." --Gepetto

Posts: 373 | From: Ostrander, OH | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajunbowhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajunbowhntr   Email cajunbowhntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see first squirrel,first deer and with a longbow,homemade BBO to boot.What are you gonna do now???You did it all in one shot,ok maybe too [Smile] Congrats,welcome to the brotherhood of hunters.

CB

--------------------
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Posts: 1303 | From: Down on the bayou | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Wilson
contributing member
Member # 737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Wilson   Email Chris Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zach, WAY TO GO! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"You're either trained or untrained. When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Posts: 2289 | From: Middle Tennessee | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bulla
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Bulla   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bulla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! What a day! Congratulations for sure.

I don't know whether to be more impressed with the deer or the squirrel. Them squirrels are pretty small targets and don't sit still much.

How much weight was he pulling and at what length? Did he get a passthrough?

Dave

--------------------
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Posts: 3285 | From: Kansas City MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Lester
Contributor 2007
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Lester   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Lester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Zach! Congrats! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Jason Lester

Posts: 1944 | From: Cincinnati Ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

WAS THIS KID AT CLOVERDALE????

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30602 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dean Torges
Charter Member
Member # 757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Torges   Author's Homepage   Email Dean Torges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

WAS THIS KID AT CLOVERDALE????

Absolutely! He and his brother helped out in the ATHA booth making kids bows. They'd been prior recipients of rattan bows themselves, so the family took out an ATHA membership and the boys pitched in to give something back to the sport. Can you imagine? It's a heartening story for everyone who sometimes despairs over the future of our sport.

--------------------
"Carve a little wood, pull a few strings, and sometimes magic happens." --Gepetto

Posts: 373 | From: Ostrander, OH | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris S.
Member # 663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris S.   Email Chris S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can get Zach on here to describe you more details of his hunt.

Terry, yes he was at Cloverdale. Fortunately, we don't live too far away from that event and have gone to it for years.

Dave Bulla, We'll have to weigh his bow to see how much it pulls. [Confused] I know it's in the 40s. I know after reflexing with the bamboo that I had to keep making it lighter for him. It has real good early string weight.

-chris

Posts: 43 | From: IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
OK OK!!!!

Did Zach shoot the 'Drop Shot'!!!!?????

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30602 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris S.
Member # 663

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Chris S.   Email Chris S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,
"drop-shot" --you mean that game where you drop the ball and try to shoot the card before the mouse-trap pulls it away?

If so, yes, he nailed it 2or 3 out of 4 attempts. Gave us some chances for a new bow if I remember right. But then he rubbed it in my face after I missed. [Mad]

-chris

Posts: 43 | From: IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW THAT WAS HIM!!!

That kid is an ACE...a bonified CRACK SHOT!!!! Watching that young man shoot gave me cold chills.

If he gets his hunting skills up to snuff with his shooting ability....he's going to be a TERROR in the woods I tell ya!!!

You should be proud Mr. Smith.

(Zach....keep your dad on the run) [bigsmyl]

--------------------

Chris S.
Member # 663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris S.   Email Chris S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, now you've done it. I keep telling him it was the bow!

Was that you running the game? Maybe I met you and didn't even realize it.
-chris

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©