JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2003 » bohuntr's 2003 Buck (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: bohuntr's 2003 Buck
bohuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bohuntr   Email bohuntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure how to post a picture or how to make a link you can click on but I am hoping if I give you the info re the community webshot link you can view the pictures of my buck. I shot the buck on 11-08-03 here in SD. I was using my Robertson Vision Falcon ( 67 lbs @ 29") shooting 2117 Legacy arrows tipped with a 2 blade Magnus. I shot him at 12yds where he was investigating the mock scrape I made below my stand. It looks like he will score approx. 160 P&Y but I do not intend to enter him. Only been shooting Trad. equipment 2 years-- what a thrill to shoot my biggest buck ever with my recurve.

Hope this works. Thanks. Dan

-

[ November 16, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Posts: 1491 | From: Yankton, SD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY COW!!!!

Man...THAT is a BRUISER!!!!

We'll have you fixed up in a bit.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30609 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah come on Terry, you can't say that then not show us the picture.

Doug

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
FIXED!!!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30609 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bohuntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bohuntr   Email bohuntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry thanks alot for posting the picture and the nice comments. While he looks big in the picture it really does not do him full justice. You can see a little bit of it in the picture but he really has some neat palmation on his rack especially on the end of the left main beam. By the way to give you a little more perspective on the overall size of the buck I am 6'05" and 260 lbs. It's going to be hard for me to ever beat this one but I plan to have lots of fun trying.
Dan

--------------------
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Posts: 1491 | From: Yankton, SD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That ain't no deer! That'a a hog!

Congrats!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
SPONSOR
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake   Email Jake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The look on your face says it all. Congrats on the bruiser.

--------------------
www.kmesharp.com

Posts: 2410 | From: IN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! CK [Big Grin]
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!! Congratulations on one beautiful deer. [thumbsup]

Doug

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Smith
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Smith   Email Scott Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Buck....WOW....I'll be packing my bags
to help you hunt your woods.Grin..4fletch
[bigsmyl]

--------------------
He who sacrifices freedom for safety deserves neither.
~Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 894 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperJohn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrapperJohn   Email TrapperJohn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NAW dat ain't a hogg ,Dat be a Horned Horse. Nice Buck [thumbsup] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] TJ [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
These er jus da ramblin's of a Huntahaulic

Posts: 556 | From: In The Sticks | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swanny in MD
Charter Member
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swanny in MD   Email Swanny in MD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, That's a hoss of a buck! Were did you hit him and how far did he make it?
Posts: 697 | From: Tickville, MD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wile E. Coyote
2017 Contributor
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wile E. Coyote   Email Wile E. Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME! Man that is the trophy of a lifetime.
Been at it 24yrs and never come close to drawing back on one like that.

Congrats

--------------------
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Posts: 627 | From: Pearl River LA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raven
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven   Email Raven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Buck!!! Bet he got the old heart beaten [bigsmyl] Raven
Posts: 1497 | From: Mt. Gilead, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's impressive. Congrats. Chad

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1846 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©