JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2003 » Flatstick gets lucky 2003

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flatstick gets lucky 2003
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both deer were taken with a sinew backed osage flatbow, river cane arrows, and sinew wrapped trade points. The 115# doe was taken on the evening of 11/ 8/ 03 at a distance of 6yds.

-

-

The 190# 8pt was taken at 5yds ( I like'um close! ) on the morning of 11/11/03. This buck was tending a doe and trying to keep 3 other bucks away from her for about a half hour before she lead him past me ,, it was quite a show ! I had almost not gone hunting that morning because I had the flu all night,,I even laid in the front seat of my truck when I got to the farm trying to decide if I should hunt or not. I guess sometimes not being too smart, leads to being lucky : )

[ December 22, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1062 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, Glad to see you put those pics up! [thumbsup]

Nice deer! Congrats again.

Just love that little bow! I got one of those on the tree that I'm working on for next year.

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta Question,,,,how do I embed the pics in the post? I'm not too up on computer stuff ya know and my 13yr old daughter hasn't been around to help ol'dad out.

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1062 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
SPONSOR
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake   Email Jake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Deer. Seeing more and more guys from IN posting lately. Way to go Flatstick.

--------------------
www.kmesharp.com

Posts: 2410 | From: IN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flatstick,

Cool pictures! What an accomplishment to take those deer with primitive equipment and at such close range. Way to Go, Bro!

Longbows & Short Shots,
Jeff

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4312 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flatstick,

The bag that is hanging around you in the photos is it similiar to a possibles bag like Blackpowder hunters use? I am presently hunting with a grey military shoulder bag, I think it is a gas mask bag. I have been wanting to make a bigger more functional bag from leather or wool. Is it possible you could email me pictures of yours?

Longbows and Short Shots,
Jeff Schulz

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4312 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leftybearfan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leftybearfan   Email leftybearfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flatstick....Congrats on your two deer. You killed the buck on my birthday [thumbsup] I wasn't able to get out and hunt (stoopid job [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"It's easier to do the right thing, than to explain why you didn't."

Posts: 382 | From: Tennessee by way of Illinois | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©