JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2013 » Longbow Double Doe...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Longbow Double Doe...
Buxndiverdux
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buxndiverdux   Email Buxndiverdux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in my second full season of hunting with Trad Gear and my 28th season of archery hunting. Something happened today that hasn't happened to me before(with Trad Gear). Prior to today, I have taken 8 deer and 2 turkeys with trad gear.

This afternoon, I headed out to the target to take my pre hunt practice shots. I had hoped to take my BBO that I shot a turkey with in the spring. It popped a splinter in October and I had just gotten around to fixing it. I shot 3 arrows at the target and was NOT pleased with the results. I quickly went inside and got my glass long bow and shot 4 arrows in a nice tight group at 18 yards. Even better than normal for me, so the obvious choice was the glass longbow since I hadn't practiced much with the BBO.

The wind was perfect for a spot that we normally do not hunt. We normally treat it as sanctuary unitl the last week of the season when we are on doe patrol.

I had the first doe come by and pause at 17 yards. I drew back my 57# bow, anchored and released a MFX 500 classic with a 145 grain Wensel Woodsman. It disappeared into the hair I was focusing on. I mean dead on it! She ran about 50 yards and tipped over.
A short while later, 5 more came walking down the trail and I got another doe broadside at 15 yards. I drew, anchored and watched that fletching hit the exact same hair I was aiming at. She ran about 40 yards.

Today, I felt like I was an accomplished archer. I hit exactly where I was aiming 2 times in a row. There is something about this Trad Archery that really digs at my existence. It is hard to describe, but it is very much a part of who I am as a person. It is a surreal feeling that is hard to put into words, but it makes the hair on my neck stand up as I type this.

Thanks to all the Trad Gang members that have inspired me to do all sorts of things. Thanks to Huntnmuleys for inspiring me to try it. Thanks to Roy From PA, Pat B, Eric Krewson, Terry Green, Pearl Drums, 4estrekker, John Dill and many others for all the countless tips and suggestions in my bow building blunders. Trad Gang is truly a great family.

-

--------------------
Anneewakee Addiction Longbow
56" 57# @ 28"

Posts: 314 | From: NC | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the double!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaino
2017 Contributor
Member # 7866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaino   Email Blaino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you!

--------------------
"It's not the trophy ,but the race. It's not the quarry ,but the chase."

Posts: 1359 | From: West Columbia, SC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[wavey] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bear Kodiak - Bear Kodiak Hunter - Bear Kodiak T/D

Posts: 1291 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cory Mattson
Contributor 2016
Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory Mattson   Email Cory Mattson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Done!
<><
<----------------------<<<<<<<

--------------------
Savana River Bow Zone - Trad Bowhunting Club

Posts: 1391 | From: Work / NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job on the does and it's a well told story.. too.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4101 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djohnson
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djohnson   Email djohnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twice as nice. Congratulations!

--------------------
John 3:16

Posts: 715 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats thats a heck of an accomplishment for two in the sameday!!nicework

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3122 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluegoose
2017 Contributor
Member # 39322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluegoose   Email Bluegoose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That is getting it done. What an accomplishment.

--------------------
Dave Johnson ASL 68" 50#@30"

Posts: 258 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhawk archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhawk archer   Email bowhawk archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double congrats!
Posts: 488 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LITTLEBIGMAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LITTLEBIGMAN   Email LITTLEBIGMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations, what an acomplishment!

--------------------
Make a life, not a living

Posts: 2928 | From: Rugged SE Minnesota | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Harris   Email Mike Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Mitch! [clapper]

--------------------
NCBA Member
60" Wes Wallace Mentor T/D Kanati Limb Bolt Bow Quiver
60" Stalker Coyote XT Longbow Kanati Dual Arc Bow Quiver

Posts: 220 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kibok&ko
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kibok&ko   Email kibok&ko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great

--------------------
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Posts: 948 | From: France | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your deer! I have a hard enough time getting one per season.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16837 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie B.
Contributor 2015
Member # 26120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie B.   Email Bernie B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great way to end the season! Congratulations X2! [thumbsup]

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Posts: 2389 | From: Iowa | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©