JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » New York - Trad Bowhunters of NY » 2016 NYTB Moose River early bow season deer hunt/rendezvous (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2016 NYTB Moose River early bow season deer hunt/rendezvous
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot about the eagles. Coming from Wisconsin, I forget how infrequently we see them here sometimes. They are quite plentiful in WI.

That area is definitely nice....

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17292 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay Ron looks good . I hope I can get things straitened out so we can get together for some fishing and hunting up north next year . Maybe get you down to Maryland for some sika and rock fish .Hope you and yours have a good year .
Posts: 389 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Salter
Member # 42898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Salter   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Salter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice photos, Ron. Sorry I couldn't make it up there to join you. But sometimes a solo trip is what is needed for a mental reset. Already looking forward to making this trip next year (if you do it again).

--------------------
"The trouble with normal is it only gets worse." Bruce Cockburn

60" Bear 'Black Bear' recurve @ 50lbs
60" PSE 'Stalker' take-down recurve @ 45lbs

Posts: 61 | From: Georgetown, NY | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NANUK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NANUK   Email NANUK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great photos! It looks beautiful up there!

--------------------
" Don't be bitter, Be better!"

Posts: 193 | From: Western New York | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay Ron did you go up this year ? If so how was it ? I am doing all my hunting in MD. this year . Hope you and yours are will .
Posts: 389 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rich,

I hope all is well with you and yours. I did make it up there for a quick week-end at the end of September. I hunted some but didn't see any deer. Not a lot of sign, as usual. I got to try out my new tent, though:

-

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5543 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Cool. I had one some what like that that I used for years when I was into Mt. men ML . I love the Adirondacks but my health dos not let me hike the Mt. now , maybe next year .
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Whelen style tent. Almost like sleeping under the stars. It got down in the twenties at night, and my water froze. But I kept the fire going and was toasty warm. In the evening when the temps were in the low thirties I could sit in the tent wearing just shorts and a tee shirt. I can't wait to use it some more! [campfire]

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5543 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Tent Ron. I am happy you were able to make the trip!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17292 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©