Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Bowhunting Hawaii (a quick overview) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bowhunting Hawaii (a quick overview)
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to meet you greenfish13. Maui has a lot of great hunting, but it's done primarily on private land.

There are a bunch of bowhunters on Maui.

Aloha!
Ryan

Posts: 2972 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting here with a punched buck tag and a freezer full of venison is a good thing, but it is cold outside man. We have a foot of snow on the ground...this overview of the islands is just what I needed [Smile]

Now I just need to plan and sell this adventure to my beloved with promises of some beach time and tourist activities as bait for the switch when she catches me sneaking my takedown longbow into my luggage.

Thanks for the distraction Ryan!

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3112 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound like a plan Mike! Just let me know when you're ready!!! [shaka]
Posts: 2972 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kibok&ko
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kibok&ko   Email kibok&ko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dream land to be !

--------------------
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Posts: 948 | From: France | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is looking better and better for me all the time. I am going to build me a special bow just for this hunt. I would really like to hook up with someone to hunt with, maybe I can talk Ryan into letting me tag along on a adventure.
I should get some wood from one of the Islands to incoprporate into the bow. Cool thing is my wife is all for me hunting on our trip.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2271 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Terry,
If you're on Oahu anytime between Feb-July and want to chase goats, I'll be more than happy to take you if my calendar is free.

T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ryan, I'll definitely contact you when we get closer to the date. Until then I'll keep watching these threads to get my fill of the Islands.

Terry

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2271 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DennyK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennyK   Email DennyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks much Ryan, in looking at what is available I think I would much rather do a Hawaiian trip then a trip to Africa. Wow, what beautiful scenery and I bet the fishin is awsome too. Looks like you can have your cake and eat it too! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Posts: 1403 | From: Hudsonville,Mi | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Thanks Guys!

DennyK, the fishing is definitely awesome, especially on the outer islands! The public land hunting areas are slowly disappearing though...

Aloha!
Ryan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©