Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Island of O'ahu (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Island of O'ahu
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2974 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Whitmire Jr
2017 Contributor
Member # 13714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Whitmire Jr   Email Jack Whitmire Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on north shore now going peacock bass fishing today !

--------------------
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any Morals- unknown author

Posts: 1123 | From: Scott Depot, WV | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! Lake wilson???
I'm from the island of Oahu.
Ryan

Posts: 2974 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bout gotta be Wilson, looking forward to a report Jack. [shaka] yea I like that gremlin.

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8718 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Hey Doug,
Are you going to share a few Hawaii pics and/or stories??? I know you've got some! [Wink]

Doug Campbell
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think these are from the Tsunami Hunt Ryan. Seems most of my pics didn't come out....
 -
 -

Couple days later on our hike/bowfishing up toward Kaena Point.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8718 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Member # 269

Here's another that was a combo Kauai and Oahu trip.
2007 Hawaii

--------------------
Doug's Photo Album,

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Thanks Doug!
Slackbow3
Contributor 2015
Member # 40046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slackbow3   Email Slackbow3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mahalo nui loa for putting all the great information on this site. I'm a new member, and found this site yesterday, and was totally excited about the Hawaiian link!!! In the long draw out process of moving back to Waimanalo from California. Also just recently go into traditional archery (recure bow) been shooting compound in the past. So have a lot to learn!
So Ryan, sounded like you just put this site together recently. Thanks for the hard work, and very beneficial for all of us.
Noticed you have a DAS recurve in one pic, how you like 'em?
Will be in Oahu later this year, would like to get more info overall re: traditional bow hunting in Oahu..... mostly pigs. [Cool] Easy Ryan. Aloha. [shaka]

--------------------
Roger C

Posts: 15 | From: Sacramento, CA & Hawaii | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Thank you for checking it out!

Feel free to call anytime. 808 294 4840

I'm also at Everything Archery Hawaii a few days during the week. You may stop by to talk story there too. It's one of the local pro shops.

I don't have the DAS anymore, but that bow was a shooter. If you like to "tinker" with your gear, that's one to get. The adjustability on that thing is amazing...

Aloha!
Ryan

Slackbow3
Contributor 2015
Member # 40046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slackbow3   Email Slackbow3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in Oahu for the annual Uke festival in Kapiolani Park during this summer, I was thinking about dropping by at Everything Archery...but was running around too much....too little time, and too much to do. Was doing a lot of OC-1 and kayaking last trip.

Thanks for the invite to call and drop by to talk story. Definitley would like that, and will do that my next trip back to Waimanalo. Hopefully Nov or Dec. Will let you know.

So do you guys carry different kinds of take down recurves at Everything Archery. Which is your favorite now?

Aloha, Roger

--------------------
Roger C

Posts: 15 | From: Sacramento, CA & Hawaii | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slackbow3
Contributor 2015
Member # 40046

When I was in Oahu for the annual Uke festival in Kapiolani Park during this summer, I was thinking about dropping by at Everything Archery...but was running around too much....too little time, and too much to do. Was doing a lot of OC-1 and kayaking last trip.

Thanks for the invite to call and drop by to talk story. Definitley would like that, and will do that my next trip back to Waimanalo. Hopefully Nov or Dec. Will let you know.

So do you guys carry different kinds of take down recurves at Everything Archery. Which is your favorite now?

Aloha, Roger

--------------------
Roger C

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

We primarily sell compounds and beginner recurves at Everything Archery.

My wife and I are currently shooting Stalker Stickbows by South Cox. www.stalkerstickbows.com

I've been shooting them for the past few years now and have been really happy with them.

Slackbow3
Contributor 2015
Member # 40046

Mahalo for sharing re: TD recurve. Will definitely stop by to talk story when in town.

Aloha, Roger

--------------------
Roger C

Slackbow3
Contributor 2015
Member # 40046

Thanks for including the Stalker Stickbows link. Finally had a chance this weekend to check it out, and thanks for that very informative videos re: shooting, and setting up recurve bows in the site. A lot of good info in those video. Mahalo.

--------------------
Roger C

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©