Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » On the hunt of MY lifetime... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: On the hunt of MY lifetime...
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have a few friends who have a desire to go into some the most rugged terrain this beautiful country can offer to test their mental and physical toughness, along with the strengths and weaknesses of their gear. Not to be outdone, I decided that I too will do the same, only in a different location. I sure hope I can survive this one.

Here I am prepping for another rigorous adventure Motor City Machete style...

-

I pick up my hunting license tomorrow and begin 5 more days of intensive scouting (just like above) along with chasing wild roosters with longbow and wood arrows, then it is off to Waimea Canyon where I meet up with a couple buddies (who live here) for 4 days of extreme tropical adventure trying to put the stalk on as many feral goats as humanly possible. Once complete, I'm taking another 5 days to reflect on the experience before returning home. It seems there is a problem with nonidiginous goats and chickens here, so I took it upon myself to do the right thing, which is, bring the family here to Kauai, Hawaii with me for moral support.

I also brought along a dozen specially made Machetes for this trip. I'm hoping to return with none.

Does anyone care to follow along on this adventure with me?

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob W.
Contributor 2014
Member # 28920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob W.   Email Rob W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me! The conditions look brutal. Could'nt bare to see a fellow Tradganger in so much pain. [Razz]

[campfire] Rob

--------------------
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Posts: 2793 | From: S. Indiana | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Mike. Sure hope you survive this one. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added bonus was that the resort just waived the fee for Internet here. I thought I was going to be roughing it big time without that.

--------------------

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pokerdaddy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pokerdaddy   Email Pokerdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you getting some "scouting" in, Mike. Have fun both in the treacherous wilds and back at "camp". Looking forward to hearing the after action report.

--------------------
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Posts: 1337 | From: Frankenmuth, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnus   Email magnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great time Mike. The goat n chicken hunting should be fun. might be able to get after a pig or two as well. Aloha!

--------------------
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
Turkey Flite Traditional
mwg.trad@yahoo.com

Posts: 4219 | From: N.E. Ohio | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am all for it as long as you can keep those toes out of the rest of the pictures [saywhat]

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6175 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a history with Goats! [knothead] [banghead] [knothead]

Good luck and get all of them that you can.

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11731 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckeye_hunter
Contributor 2012
Member # 9866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeye_hunter   Email buckeye_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can wait about 20 years, I will come and hunt with you!
Posts: 3196 | From: Galion, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirtybird
Contributor 2016
Member # 21130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirtybird   Email Dirtybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve O:
I am all for it as long as you can keep those toes out of the rest of the pictures [saywhat]

I'm with Steve. Ha ha....
Best of luck to ya Mike and I'm sure either way the hunt turns out you'll have memories of a lifetime.

Posts: 2457 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in and get a pedicure for the good of the group. And were the Hawaiian people surprised at how white people from Michigan are...LOL

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8143 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckbutt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duckbutt   Email Duckbutt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
You are one tough nut. I don't think I could make myselft hunt with all the distractions there. Heck I can't even hardly do it here. Our deer season started this week and I'm taking the day off tomorrow and going surfing with Delaney.
Hope you have a good hunt, bra! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1015 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send plenty of pics Mike. Especially of the trackers! [bigsmyl] Which bow will you be shooting?

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve O:

[Razz]
Posts: 2264 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joining me on this hunt is the latest addition to my bow rack...a custom Tall Tines longbow, that I will be shooting douglas fir arrows tipped with Eclipse 125 grain broadheads. I made a couple "rooster" arrows and they are tipped with 125 grain Ace broadheads.

And yes Tim, I thought I was tan till I looked around. I'm glowing like a neon light, but I'm going to do my best to remedy that problem.

If this goes as well as I'm hoping, I can see this being a yearly thing. If done correctly, it can be VERY cost effective. For those of you that don't know me, I'm usually cheaper than a Chineese toy (read that as very frugal). Best thing I ever did was quit smoking and, for the most part, drinking. All the money I would have spent on that vise, I tuck away weekly to enjoy things like this.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©