Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » On the hunt of MY lifetime... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: On the hunt of MY lifetime...
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Mike! I hope you bloody a few arrows. definitely a trip I would like to try!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colotrad
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colotrad   Email Colotrad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds awesome!! Good luck.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
60" Griffin T/D
56" Shrew C/H T/D
58" Shrew C/H T/D

Posts: 873 | From: Grand Junction, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Theis
Contributor 2016
Member # 10266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Theis   Email Mike Theis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you get some SPF30 on those feet. I was on a similar safari once, and burnt the inside of my heels! [dntthnk] Tough hunting once the boots go back on.

Good luck hunting goats.

--------------------
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Posts: 389 | From: WI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntmaster80
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntmaster80   Email huntmaster80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like a great time!!!!!!! keep us posted
Posts: 1059 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bawana bowman
SPONSOR
Member # 16986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bawana bowman   Author's Homepage   Email bawana bowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me see, You gave up sunning yourself in a Florida Swamp and chasing Hogs. In exchange for lounging by a pool, chasing chickens, and climbing canyons in hopes of being better at it than the resident Goats?
Let's hope you made the right choice!!
Good hunting and I'll be watching!

--------------------
Caney Creek Outfitters

>>-IBEP Instructor->
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular, since 1988
Husband, Father, Grandfather

Posts: 1400 | From: Cocoa, Florida | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like pretty wild Country there [Big Grin]

Good luck, if you survive it, we'l follow along.

[thumbsup]

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful over there, looks treacherous! [saywhat] [campfire]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4691 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
2017 Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you get a picture of your mirage? Keep your chin up you will get thru the first tough stretch.

Hint, get some sunglasses so the mrs does not see where your eyes are looking.

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3627 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DWT
Contributor 2017
Member # 19152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DWT   Email DWT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job convincing the wife this wasnt a hunting trip, nice diversion move. I would like to add though you should connsider some lightweight camo on those legs the sunglare might effect your shooting. Good luck with the goats and the roosters, looks like alot of fun to be had by the whole family. Don
Posts: 1165 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oklahomaleatherman
Associate Sponsor
Member # 23590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oklahomaleatherman   Author's Homepage   Email oklahomaleatherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in. Shoot straight and good luck in those canyons!

K.C.

--------------------
Traditions Leathercraft LLC
www.traditionsleathercraft.com
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Posts: 475 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Mike. Should be an awesome trip. Looking forward to the rest of the story.
Posts: 5538 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onestringer
SPONSOR
Member # 9605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onestringer   Author's Homepage   Email Onestringer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, have fun.

Scott

--------------------
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Posts: 1210 | From: Republic, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owlgrowler
Contributor 2015
Member # 8222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owlgrowler   Email Owlgrowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh the humanity! Glad to see some one willing to take one for the team [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Posts: 735 | From: NJ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temporary setback today. I went to purchase my license, and the area we were going to hunt is closed due to wildfires. So my buddy came over and we poured thru the topo maps of the different hunt areas, and picked a different area to get our goat stamp for. Going to hunt the cliffs where it is all goat trails and drop offs. I should have some good pictures come Wednesday of the area we are going to hunt. I'm planning a recon trip there to get a good lay of the land.

I got a few bites on doing some Rooster sticking, now to see if the tips pan out with permission to go on their property. Only time will tell. It's all coming together, now it's time to go view the daily parade of silicone.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5338 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bawana bowman
SPONSOR
Member # 16986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bawana bowman   Author's Homepage   Email bawana bowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy the parade Mike, must be rough.
I remember when I use to have dreams of silicone. [nono]
Now my dreams consist mostly of hogs and Bison at 30 yards and less, and heavy blood trails. [thumbsup]
Guess I finally got my priorities straight! [saywhat]

--------------------
Caney Creek Outfitters

>>-IBEP Instructor->
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular, since 1988
Husband, Father, Grandfather

Posts: 1400 | From: Cocoa, Florida | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©