Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » On the hunt of MY lifetime... (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: On the hunt of MY lifetime...
DWT
Contributor 2017
Member # 19152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DWT   Email DWT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool story Mike, thanks for taking the time to share. Don
Posts: 1165 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joeabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joeabowhunter   Email Joeabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story Mike, thanks.
Posts: 1332 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitbull
Contributor 2014
Member # 18540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbull   Email pitbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't get any better! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1397 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard Core... is right.
Great story, Mike. Thanks for taking us along.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2204 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Contributor 2017
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tater   Email Tater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures....Thanks for sharing your adventure...!

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
PBS Associate
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3309 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much Buddy! Mike
Posts: 1612 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shortlongbow
Contributor 2014
Member # 35114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shortlongbow   Email Shortlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us, Mike. Would love to go there someday.

--------------------
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Posts: 477 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Mike! That was AWESOME.

I went on a similar adventure in Australia earlier this year. I was hunting feral goats and red stag. I missed 3 goats and a stag.......and still had a fantastic time. The only critter I shot while there was a rabbit. When I tell my friends about it, esp the oneswho are not into bowhunting the way I am.....they look at me like I am crazy and ask "You went all the way to Australia to hunt and only shot a rabbit? Man, that stinks!".

But it does not stink! It was great and I would not trade the memories for a million dollars.

Only people who are die-hard bowhunters can understand.

Congrats on a great trip!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11718 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great trip Mike. The part about your dad was moving.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 4993 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B.
2017 Contributor
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for a great write up !
Posts: 2716 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DHR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DHR   Email DHR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice trip and commentary Mike. I love the pics

--------------------
Because hunting is a deep and permanent yearning in the human condition, there is a chronic fury in all people to whom it is denied.- Jose Ortega y Gasset

Posts: 547 | From: the Methow Valley Washington | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirtybird
Contributor 2016
Member # 21130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirtybird   Email Dirtybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, I am so glad you had the hunt of a lifetime. Thank you for sharing with all of us those cherished memories.

David

Posts: 2457 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesKerr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesKerr   Email JamesKerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

--------------------
James Kerr

Posts: 3694 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can say for certain, that any person who has hunted this area and taken a goat, you have unbelievable skills.

Dan, I want to thank you and also Ho for the stories you 2 have wrote and inspired me, and also for the advice. On my next visit, I will make it into the Kalalau Valley wether there are huge numbers of goats or not. The place is just to beautiful to not set foot in there.

Well, I have a few more days till I have to leave, so please enjoy the mainland for me, because if I play my cards right, I might figure an angle so I can stay here forever. 1 thing is for sure...If I come back home, I will be returning to the islands.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story and tribute .... and yes Hawaii is a beautiful place ! Thanks for sharing the adventure.

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4677 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©