Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » On the hunt of MY lifetime... (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: On the hunt of MY lifetime...
nick_the_tinkerer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nick_the_tinkerer   Email nick_the_tinkerer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]
Ohh Hell Yeah!!!!!!
Now another Item of must do's or Bucket List [biglaugh]

--------------------
Illegitimus Non Carborundum (Don't let the bastards grind you down)

NRA Life Member

Posts: 532 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you for the great story and pics.
Leland

Posts: 824 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best told stories around these parts in a long long time Mike! Thanks for taking us all along, and for fanning the flames of desire for those who dream of following you.

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10409 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles suttles
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 16597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles suttles   Author's Homepage   Email charles suttles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man that was "THE BEST"
Posts: 312 | From: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owlgrowler
Contributor 2015
Member # 8222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owlgrowler   Email Owlgrowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXCELLENT! Advice to any young single guys reading this: GO NOW! (I waited 'til my honeymoon [banghead] ) Great pics too, thanks

--------------------
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Posts: 735 | From: NJ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike that is one of the finest stories I have ever read here! Great photo support as well. A plus on the effort and persistance and then putting it all together for us to enjoy! Thanks!

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3132 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S C Mercer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S C Mercer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent story Mike! I especially appreciated the conclusion. Just goes to show, once again, that there is SOO much more to hunting than simply killing animals. Those that get it don't ever need an explaination. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We, on TradGang, are so lucky to be treated to these adventures.. all for the price of simply logging on! ~Steve
Posts: 176 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
Contributor 2017
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story on your DIY hunt for goats and pigs. After seeing the country it is incredible that you were able to hunt it so soon after surgery. I hope your arrow found a good spot, so the goats won't forget you. Congrats [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2081 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are way to kind. I just told it as it happened. I do appreciate all the nice comments.

Well, here it is 2 weeks since we arrived, and I'm sad to say, but our trip ends tonight. We start the long ride back home at 9 tonight and get home sometime tomorrow evening. I just got used to the 6 hr time change and now have to resort back to Michigan time, but it is much easier knowing that white tail season is just around the corner. Early goose starts this weekend, then small game in 2 weeks. I really love this time of year.

Thanks again for following along on my adventure. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here or thru PM. I have no problem helping you get here with tips on how to make it affordable not only for you, but the family too. That makes it a win/win, but be forewarned, you will not want to leave.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Montanawidower
Contributor 2016
Member # 18171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Montanawidower   Author's Homepage   Email Montanawidower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool looking country.... thanks for taking us along.
Posts: 609 | From: Manhattan Montana | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story Mike. This trip is on my list as well.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1190 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rushlush
Contributor 2017
Member # 17859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushlush   Email rushlush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike thanks for bringing me on this adventure. Great story telling and beautiful pictures!!!
Posts: 1663 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mac Hicks
2017 Contributor
Member # 13191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mac Hicks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
Great story and photos! Thanks for sharing a great hunt and kudos for hanging in there and making those stalks in that terrain so soon after surgery. "Hard Core" is right! Very nice tribute to your Dad as well. Have a good season back here in CONUS!

--------------------
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Posts: 445 | From: Charity, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

Truly awesome. Your accomplishments on this trip will live with you forever. What a great tribute to your father.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16921 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story sir! Thanks for taking us along!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7121 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©