Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Hawaii Hunting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hawaii Hunting
straitera
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straitera   Email straitera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope more folks quickly discover this subsection regarding hunting in Hawaii. I check here almost everyday for a new thread.

Hunting has always been of keen interest since I was a kid growing up on the farm. Everyday was something new to experience in the field with my bow & faithful dog trailing along for good measure. I would look over the landscape to decide which limitless direction with visions of those opportunities that may exist there. Each time I see the photo at the top of the Hawaiian page, I get those old feelings again about hunting where I've never been. What a great resource for you both & anyone lucky enough to hunt Hawaii. Thanks for your great stories!

--------------------
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Posts: 4639 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mahalo Buddy!

Yeah, I'm hoping that more people understand that this forum is for everyone and not just me. We want to hear from anyone around the world who has hunted here. I know there's been a bunch of guys who have visited the islands. I hoping it's just a matter of time...

I'll be sure to keep posting older stories as well as newer ones...

[shaka]

Ryan Sanpei

Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few more landscape pics...

-

-

-

Same side of the island, just taken from different points...

Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
straitera
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straitera   Email straitera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pix of special spots! Add the animals & it's a well kept secret. Slack key guitar is one of my favorites also.

--------------------
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Posts: 4639 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Jackson
Contributor 2014
Member # 41092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Jackson   Email Chris Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan,

I just got orders to Hickam and I am fairly new to traditional archery so the next four years should be a blast. Thanks so much for posting the information I was really worried about the quality of hunting prior to looking at this page. Look forward to bumping into you.

Chris

Posts: 29 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Chris,
Another area that you may want to look in to is the Pali. Year round bowhunting for hogs. Do you know where Everything Archery is? I usually hang out there about once a week.

Ryan

Chris Jackson
Contributor 2014
Member # 41092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Jackson   Email Chris Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan,

Thanks for the tip on that area. As for the Everything Archery I'm sure I will find it. We are not due there until June or so. Right now I'm stuck in Afghanistan waiting to come home and move to your local. Take care.

Chris

Posts: 29 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©